Chapter 42 - Rescue

Eren and Historia were rescued. But not without everyone going through one of the biggest challenges of their lives first.

Historia's father, named Rod Reiss, wanted to turn her into a Titan, through the serum of a syringe, so that she could devour Eren and thus, take back to the Reiss Family the power of the Titan that was able to control every other Titan, even altering and erasing memories of the people who lived inside the Walls, so they wouldn't know of the true past they had.

Before anything could happen, the Squads of Levi and Hange arrived at the cave where Eren was being held with Historia and her father, and they had to face the group of the serial killer Kenny Ackerman with many difficulties.

At one point, Hange was hit by a hook fired by one of the women in Kenny's group and hit her back hard into a thick wall. Seeing this, Lara and Levi looked at each other, and felt that their hearts were going to come out of their mouths, as she was completely still on the ground.

Historia then rebelled against her father, who ended up taking the Titan serum himself. During his transformation, Lara ordered Armin to help Moblit get Hange out of the cave, who luckily was alive, only slightly weakened, and Levi told Lara to leave with them, while he would try to rescue Eren, who was trapped in chains, with the help of the other cadets of the Squad.

To everyone's great despair and astonishment, Historia's father began to transform into the biggest Titan they've ever seen, at about 120m, where his arms and legs couldn't even carry himself upright. He was incredibly grotesque. In the middle of all that agitation, Eren spotted an Armored Titan serum and took it, causing him to now possess powers to harden his body, which made it possible for everyone to be saved and come out of the cave alive.

Rod Reiss's Titan began to crawl to the place where there were the most amount of people: Wall Sina. Then Historia herself delivered the fatal blow in the nape of her father's Titan, putting an end to his threat. Then she was crowned as the true queen of the Walls.

To Lara's surprise, she found out that Kenny Ackerman was her "great-uncle", and Hange finally had her suspicions confirmed: Levi had, indeed, been abandoned as a child. Kenny had raised him after his mother's death, but at one point, he simply walked out of Levi's life, giving no explanations, leaving the boy completely alone.

Kenny Ackerman died in front of Levi, but not before handing him a syringe with a serum that would be able to turn anyone into a Titan, which Levi kept with him.

Hange and Lara continued their research with Eren, who now had the power to harden his Titan, which was something pretty amazing and that would help seal Wall Maria, and thus, they could retake Shiganshina District and finally explore Eren's house basement, and who knows, discover once and for all, the secrets of the Titans.

Many joined the Survey Corps, inspired by the feats of other soldiers. However, a greater danger awaited them, because, in Shiganshina, they would have to face their greatest enemies: the Colossal Titan, the Armored Titan, and the Beast Titan.

 However, a greater danger awaited them, because, in Shiganshina, they would have to face their greatest enemies: the Colossal Titan, the Armored Titan, and the Beast Titan

May the 'Shiganshina Arc' begin!

May the 'Shiganshina Arc' begin! ♥