"Do you have to fast?" she asked.

"No, I don't. Why?"

"Because we don't have enough time to really get started on your house hunt, but we can have lunch. A welcome to Seattle from Bull Dog," Bella grinned. "We can also drop off your car and I'll give you the tour."

"Sounds like a solid plan," Edward replied, eager to spend more time with the gorgeous Bella Swan. They gathered the paperwork and printouts of Edward's new insurance cards through Bull Dog, leaving Bella's office. They drove to the Hyatt Regency, where Edward was staying and dropped off his car. Sliding into Bella's Audi, she gave him the tour of the downtown area of Seattle, Washington and pointing out some of her favorite places to eat, to shop, to drink.

For lunch, they went to a seafood restaurant near Pike Place Market that had some of the most delicious clam chowder and flaky biscuits. After their meal, Bella insisted they go to the first Starbucks for the authentic touristy moment. Edward laughed as he drank his venti café Americano, posing in front of the storefront.

After lunch and the tour, Bella drove them to Harborview Medical Center. Edward had instructions to go to radiology. They walked inside of the winding building and checked in. Edward was brought back immediately. The nurse said that the scans would take about an hour.

In the radiology suite, Edward was told to take off all his clothes and put on a pair of scrubs. He was injected some sort of contrast agent before going into the CT scanner. The first scan went by quickly, but the MRI took longer as well as wreaked havoc on Edward's head. The pulsating magnets seemed to vibrate in his mind, even with the noise cancelling headphones. At one point, he asked if he could take a moment. They rolled him out of the machine, bringing in his 'pretty girlfriend.'

"What is it?" Bella asked.

"The noise is so loud," he said, massaging his temples. "Triggering a migraine. Did you grab my meds from that locker?"

Bella nodded, placing two pills into his palm, and giving him some water. She gently rubbed his shoulders as he waited for the medication to work. "Better?" she asked.

"Not yet, but it should be better by the time I'm done," he sighed, giving her back the water bottle. "Thanks for the meds and quick massage."

"Sorry if I crossed any boundaries," Bella sputtered. "I know when my dad got headaches, he'd ask me to either squeeze his shoulders or hit the pressure point between the thumb and forefinger."

"My pain is in my head, but I carry the tension where you massaged," he smiled. "Thank you, Bella."

The technician guided her out of the room and the scan was finished. As Edward dressed, he completely understood what Dr. Cullen said about having someone with him. While the contrast didn't hurt him, he was unsteady on his feet from laying down for his so long and the sensory overload of the MRI. Bella had to help him out of the radiology suite, to Dr. Cullen's office.

Again, they were brought almost immediately into a treatment room. Edward was given some more water.

Bella looked at him as he relaxed on the table, with his eyes closed. He was so big, strong, but the pain etched into his features broke her heart. If this was just from getting scans, how could he possibly fight? Her fingers also itched to touch his hair, to see if it was as soft as it looked or to hold his hand, giving him some comfort.

"You've done more for me regarding this injury than my ex," he mumbled. "I was a hinderance in her eyes, to be honest."

"Your ex sounds like a bitch," Bella snorted humorlessly. "How long were you with her?"

"I'd known her since was in sixth grade, but we dated for four years," Edward answered. "At first, she wasn't so bad, but little things changed. As my fame grew, so did her need to be seen. She wanted my money. Not me. Not like she had access to my accounts. I gave her a debit card, linked to an account that would put a small amount inside once a week, but she believed it to be a credit card. Victoria wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed."

"Clearly," Bella snickered.

"Speaking of accounts, I would like to meet with an attorney out here. My lawyer in Chicago suggested that I have my accounts and contracts thoroughly audited. He was willing to do it, but it would have meant that I stayed in Chicago for longer than I cared to," Edward shrugged.

"My friend, Jasper, is a hot-shot attorney," Bella smiled. "He already knows you're coming here and has expressed an interest in representing you."

"Excellent. One more thing to cross off the list," he breathed.

There was a quiet knock on the door. Dr. Carlisle Cullen walked in, a tall man with striking, elegant features. He had a friendly smile, blond hair with a smattering of grey mixed in and confident air about him. "Bella, I wasn't expecting you," he said, kissing Bella's cheek. "I thought Charlie would be here."

"Charlie is working with your son," Bella chuckled. "Or another fighter. I haven't been in the office, so I don't know his schedule. He did ask me to help Edward, which I happily did. Congrats, by the way."

"Esme and I are so excited about our first grandchild. We had dinner and Emmett gave Esme a box. We were so confused. It wasn't a birthday or anniversary, but when we opened it with the onesie? It was perfect," Carlisle gushed.

"You know that was all Emmett, right?" Bella smirked. "According to Rose, she doesn't know how to mommy."

"I know we'll all step up to help," Carlisle grinned. "Now, enough about me. Edward Masen, I'm a big fan." He shook Edward's hand with a genuine smile. "You've got to be one of the most graceful, technical fighters I've ever seen."

"Thank you," Edward said. "I'm only graceful and technical when I'm not drugged, though."

"Yes, I know that. I took the liberty to speak with Marcus. He sent over your medical records, along with the test results from your hospitalization. In addition to what Demetri did to you with the brass knuckles, you were fucked over. Did you press charges?"

"Against Demetri? No. He's blacklisted and essentially broke," Edward scoffed. "He can never do what he did to me in the ring, ever again."

"But, he should face criminal charges," Bella argued. "Not to mention whoever drugged you."

"We can't determine who drugged me," Edward explained. "My water bottle 'disappeared.' Caius denied it and Demetri's camp said that they didn't do it either. I spoke to a detective, but they were not helpful. Suffice it to say, it helped my decision to leave Chicago. I'm much more jaded and cynical, but I'm free from Volterra. Now, can you help me with my recovery? I want to get back into the ring."

A/N: I'm ending this here. We're going to hear from Carlisle next chapter (after I'd had a chance to research more about concussions and migraines and the long-lasting effects.).

You can see that Bella and Edward are building a friendship, but there's a mutual attraction. Edward's a bit more ready to pursue something more than friendship ... you'll find out why soon ... whereas Bella is gun-shy (damn you Jacob!).

Pictures are on my blog. There's a link on my profile. I'm also on FB: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Twitter, too: tufano79.

See you in bit! Thanks for reading!