⊘ • ❶❷ • ⊘

Start from the beginning

"We have another issue tonight, too," Yoongi mentions, turning the volume up on the built-in scanner near the radio. "He's working tonight,"

From hearing that, Jungkook turns around instantly and turns the volume up in case of any new information.

"I thought he left? What the hell is he doing?" He asks while Yoongi shrugs, but I'm lost.

"What's going on?" I ease towards Yoongi. Yoongi glances at me in the rear-view mirror while speeding past a red light.

"It's a sticky situation. There's this guy named Niles. He's Barbie's older brother, and he disapproves of Jimin. Not only that, he found out that Jimin and Barbie are part of the crew. He's been aiming to lock them up. Let's just say, if he's working tonight, Jimin's doomed if we don't hurry. Niles is a cop, and if there's anyone out there who hates the crew, he's definitely on top of the list."

"Just drive. I'll pay the ticket if we get pulled over. Vee, you'll have to hide in the back, but Yoongi, don't stop speeding until we make it there. Do you understand?" Jungkook commands. Yoongi speeds fast now. The vacant streets make it easier for him to fly by with absolute ease.

I watch out of the window as lights and buildings blur together at such speed. It feels like I'm in a Fast & Furious movie.

"Hold on," Yoongi's voice grows louder while suddenly spinning the wheel a little too sharply and going down a different road once seeing a few flashing lights in front of us. "I'm not taking the chance of being pulled over. We'll take the backroads for now. Vee, you keep an eye out behind us."

Listening to Yoongi's words, I turn around in my seat while staring out of the large, back window.

𓆩 𓆪

Yoongi parks the car, blending into the crowded parking lot in front of City Hall. Cop cars are rushing by all around us, and now, the reality of the stakes has fatefully sunken in.

"Jimin won't ever find us with how busy it is here. What's going on?" Yoongi remarks, confused by all the vehicles surrounding the front of the building. I'm more surprised he's not shaken up by all the police driving by, but I guess he's used to it; they both are.

"There's an event tomorrow night. If you look at some of these car tags, they're from out of state. I'm sure they had permission to park here since parking spots are a bitch to find in the city. If you ask me, everyone parked out here is staying in the five-star hotel over there." Jungkook nods his head to the back window, pointing towards the hotel. "My best bet is that if Jimin was somewhere around here," he keeps his piercing gaze locked onto the hotel building, "He'll be in there."

With a sharply pitched sigh, Jungkook pats Yoongi's shoulder. "Stay here and don't make any trouble. We'll go find him. Don't leave unless you have to. If something happens, call the others, and they'll come help."

Yoongi only nods. "Yeah, I know," he says, turning the car off.

"We'll be back as soon as we can. Keep an eye out." Jungkook suggests, opening the car door and stepping outside. I open my car door and come around to him after shutting my door quietly.

"How are we going to do this?" I ask, following his darkening gaze at the tall hotel.

He leans against the car, examining the situation before him.