EPILOGUE

1 year later

"Strike."

"Oh c'mon! That wasn't a strike!" Paxton yelled.

Things have changed the past year. After the couple graduated high school and Paxton basically confessed to the girl he was staying in California for college, they did everything that summer.

They went on their first trip!

A beautiful week in Hawaii was exactly what the couple needed to spend as much time as they could with each other. Because she knew once both of them started school, they wouldn't have as much time together as they would have liked.

Which was true. Once the semester/quarter started, they were both busy. With Carly and softball practice, and Paxton with his fraternity, the most they've gone without seeing each other was a month. Carly really thought they were gonna break up. But they didn't. This just proved how their relationship grew stronger as time went on.

Paxton wasn't joking when he said he'll go to every single one of his girlfriend's softball games. Away or home, he will always be there. I mean what else would he be doing?

No one at USC can even compare to how amazing his girlfriend is.

Carly chuckled as she spotted her boyfriend in the stands with her parents. It's crazy to think the girl was finally here, living her dream. As she scanned the field, she saw her best friend playing second base on the other team. It was bittersweet seeing her on the opposite dugout.

But no matter what team they played for, they will always be best friends.

"Ball."

"Good pitch!" Paxton yelled.

Carly tried her best to ignore the boy as she got ready for the next pitch. Once the pitcher released the ball, it was coming straight down the middle. The girl swung as hard as she could and started to run.

First base.

Second base.

Third base.

"A triple for Carly Tan!"

"Woooo! That's my girlfriend!" Paxton cheered, putting his poster up saying '#22 is his girlfriend'.

This was where the girl was meant to be. She was meant to play softball at UCLA. And she was savoring every moment of it.