FIVE

"I told you. Didn't I?" Lily asked, smiling too big. "Didn't I babe?"

Eddie nodded. "Yeah you did babe."

"You agree with everything she says." Carly argued.

Eddie simply shrugged. "What can I say, happy girlfriend, happy life."

Carly rolled her eyes as she watched her cousin land a kiss on her best friend's cheek. "Uh huh, ok. Whipped."

"Hell yeah I am." Eddie said, like he was proud by it. At least he was a true man for admitting it.

"So do we get any details? Please I need details." Lily begged the girl as they walked in Spanish class.

Carly shook her head, sitting down on her seat, and taking out her notebook. "What's there to say, we talked, and that's it."

"No kiss? No anything?"

The girl shook her head. "Nope."

"Wow. I like the boy already." Eddie said. It was rare to find a guy, especially in high school, not lean in for a kiss on the first day.  

"Sounds like a loser." Lily snorted.

Carly rolled her eyes. "Just because he didn't kiss me doesn't mean he's a loser."

"Yes it does."

"Can we drop it?"

"Well I for one think it's good he didn't do anything sexually. Shows he respects her." Eddie said.

"No he's a loser." Lily repeated.

"Stop." Carly said. The moment she turned her attention towards the front, she saw her ex-boyfriend walk through the door. They shared a quick eye contact before he broke it and sat down at the seat a few rows away.

Paxton couldn't get the sight he saw last night out of his head. What was supposed to be a nice, romantic date with his girlfriend, turned into an annoying ex-girlfriend sighting with her new boy toy.

He knew he had no say any more on who the girl talked to. I mean c'mon, they've been broken up for a year now. And he's hooked up with how many girls since? A lot. Not his proudest moments, but he needed a release. He needed something to forget about Carly.

But he had Devi now. She was who he needed. Wait no, not needed, wanted. Devi Vishwakumar was who he wanted.

But the more he stared at his ex-girlfriend read the passage in Spanish class, the more he missed the girl. And it made him think, did he actually like Devi? Or was he using her to get Carly jealous? All he knew is that if Carly said she loves him, he would drop everything to be with her again. 

✄-----------------------------

sigh can carly and paxton just get together already??

but then what's the fun in that?? prepare for some slow burn, drama filled chapters!!