TWENTY-FOUR

Carly Tan was sitting on the steps in front of Trent's house. She ordered an Uber but there's  a 10 minute delay. Great.

Eddie and Lily are still inside. The boy was taking care of his girlfriend because she decided to puke after the argument with Paxton and Phoebe.

Speaking of Paxton, the girl was still very surprised at what happened. He defended the girl. Yeah they might not be friends at the moment, but why did she feel happy about it?

Was there hope they'll get back together now that he's single?

Maybe.

"Hey."

Speak of the devil.

"Hi."

The boy sat down next to the girl. It was quiet between the two. They didn't really know where they stood right now.

"Are you ok?" Paxton asked. He felt awful with what happened. Seeing the girl choking because someone he thought he liked did that to her, hurt. And it made the boy realize, he hated seeing Carly in pain. He wanted to protect her.

Carly nodded. "Yeah. Thank you for defending me back there."

"I do still care for you Carls."

Carly sighed looking down at her lap. "Pax..."

"I know I know... I know it's been a crazy few years but no matter who I'm with, my mind always drifts to you." The girl turned to look at him to see he was already looking at her.

Eye contact.

"You mean it?"

Paxton nodded, intertwining their hands together. "I don't wanna force you in anything. But however long it takes, I'll wait for you. You've waited for me for years, I can do the same with you." Carly sniffed. She didn't realize a tear fell down until the boy wiped it with his thumb. "Don't cry."

"I'm sorry I just... sorry."

Paxton smiled and brought their intertwined hands to his mouth, kissing it. "You heading home now?"

Carly nodded. "I'm waiting for my Uber."

"Let me drive you home. I only had a redbull all night." Paxton said, standing up and sticking out his hand for the girl to take which she did. She didn't know what overcame her. But oddly enough, she trusted the boy this time around. She wasn't gonna hurt her again.

✄-----------------------------

is carly right? will paxton not hurt her this time?

don't count on it. it's paxton hall yoshida for crying out loud. that boy doesn't even know what he wants 99% of the time