FORTY-ONE

Paxton kept his promise to the girl.

To be fair he was doing his best to follow through with his promises, especially ones that were for the girl sitting in front of him, happily eating her cheeseburger.

Tonight proved to the boy, Carly Tan was a force to be wreckin with. Her passion for softball made him motivated to go back to swimming. Not to try and earn a last minute scholarship, but just to get back in shape.

He loved swimming. It was always something that brought him joy. But obviously after the incident last year, he hasn't gonna back in the pool. To be fair he was doing a shit ton of physical therapy to get his shoulder back and running again. It was about 98% before it was back to new.

Paxton couldn't help but wonder about the future. He of course saw Carly in there. But what about after graduation?

Everyone is going their separate ways and he wanted of so badly to know where the girl was going. He knew she had been dreaming to go to UCLA since forever. But did they offer her a spot? If they did, would she take it?

Of course she would take it. It would be stupid if she didn't.

But selfishly the boy didn't want her to talk about it. He knew she got into ASU for softball, she mentioned it before. And once the accepted/rejected emails come out next week, he can only hope he got into ASU too.

Then they wouldn't have to be in separate states. They can finally get an apartment together.

But was he hoping too much?

Was he hoping that UCLA won't want her and she'll have to settle for ASU?

Not that ASU has a bad softball team, but he knew she wouldn't be happy there. Hell she would choose Florida State over ASU if it meant she can play for a softball program who's always ranked in the top 10. But the boy was hopeful.

Not matter what team Carly Tan was on, unranked or ranked #1, she would change the program drastically. That's how good she is.

Their "date" was cut short when they got a call from Trent who needed their help, saying his fake ID got confiscated when he was trying to buy drinks for his girlfriend.