TWENTY-THREE

"I win!" Phoebe smiled, slamming her can down.

Carly couldn't hear anything. She was too busy trying to recover from what just happened. She knew she hated Phoebe for a reason. And it had nothing to do with her 2 ex-boyfriends. Not only did she cheat to make her win, but she could have killed the girl.

"What the fuck!" Eddie yelled, patting his cousin's back.

Phoebe shrugged. "Sucks to suck."

And all of a sudden Lily was wide awake. If she was feeling tired before, she definitely wasn't feeling it now. After she saw this bitch almost kill her friend, anger filled her system.

"Are you seriously that desperate to get Paxton's attention? You jealous of my girl?" Lily said, walking closer to the girl.

"Excuse me? There's nothing to be jealous of."

Lily scoffed, crossing her hands across her chest. "You've always been jealous of Carly. She got a nose piercing sophomore year, then all of a sudden you have one a few days later?"

"It was in the talks." Phoebe shrugged. 

Lily rolled her eyes. "Yeah ok."

"She need a bodyguard to talk for her?" Phoebe said. "Didn't realize how weak and pathetic little bitch she was!"

Everyone's jaws dropped, including Paxton. This was a side of Phoebe he's never seen before. She can make fun of anyone all she wants, but she comes after Carly, she's done for. But why wasn't he doing anything to defend her?

"You know I can easily take you Phoebe." Carly said, regaining her voice again. "Do we need to repeat the fight in Freshman year?"

Phoebe scoffed. "You ain't got nothing on me."

"Yeah you wanna bet?" Carly could see how scared the girl was. She knew she hated to fight. It'll do shit to her long ass nails. So?

"Enough!" Everyone turned their heads to the direction of the voice. To say Carly Tan was surprised would be an understatement.

"Paxy!" Phoebe clinged onto the boy's bicep. "She's being mean."

Paxton shook his head and shook the girl's hand off. "The only one being mean is you."

"What?"

"I can't be with someone who treats me friends like that."

"She's not your friend."

"Yes she is. You almost killed her."

"Almost." Phoebe rolled her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic. C'mon let's go home and fuck." Phoebe tried grabbing the boy's arm again.

"Stop." Paxton pushed the girl away from him. "We're done. I'll call you an Uber."

"What? You're breaking up with me?"

"Yeah."

Phoebe slapped the boy across the face. Carly's eyes widened. This was not happening. "Whatever. I have Bryce Hall and Jaden Hossler in my DMs." With that the girl left leaving everyone really confused. 

✄-----------------------------

true story. someone from a party decided it was a good idea to do exactly what phoebe did to carly to me. it amazes me how much that girl was willing to go just to get my boyfriend at the time's attention... oh how i wish i punched her in the face