FORTY

Let the celebrations begin. It took the girl 10 minutes to finish taking pictures and signing softballs until she reached her parents. Her dad lifted her up and spun her around. "That's my girl. The MVP is my daughter!"

"Dad stop." Carly chuckled as she felt a little dizzy.

Her dad finally put her down. "We're so proud of you pumpkin."

"Not only did you kick ass, but you looked hot doing it." Her mom said causing the girl's eyes to widen.

"Mom you did not just say that?"

"She's been hanging out with Trent's mom too much. Ignore her." Brennan said. 

"What? I'm not like a regular mom. I'm a cool mom."

Carly chuckled. "And apparently she's made you watch Mean Girls."

"This is so fetch."

"Mom!" Carly groaned, pulling the woman into a hug to shut her up. "I love you."

Her mom chuckled. "I love you too."

"Cousin!" Both of them heard causing them to break their hug as they saw Eddie walking towards them. "You were great!"

"Thanks Eddie." Carly smiled, not knowing what they were right now. Did he finally grow a pair and forget about everything?

Let's hope so.

"I'm so sorry Carly." Eddie stated, going on his knees. "I'm on my knees for forgiveness for my stupidity."

Carly's mom's eyes widened when he saw her nephew looking like a fool on his knees in front of her daughter. All Carly's dad did was chuckle. Oh he was definitely getting this on video to show Eddie's dad later. "Eddie get up!"

Eddie shook his head. "Not before Carly forgives me."

Carly chuckled. She was not expecting to see her cousin like this. "Eddie, get up. You look stupid."

"Do you forgive me?"

Carly nodded. "I do."

Eddie smiled, got up from the floor, and spun the girl around. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! This will never happen again because you were right. Wherever Lily decides to go, should be up to her. I was being an ass."

"Language Eddie." Carly's mom warned.

"Sorry Auntie Cindy."

"Carly Tan?" Everyone turned to the sound of a new voice. 

"Yes."

"Coach Inouye-Perez from UCLA." The woman introduced herself.

Oh shit. The girl was not expecting to see the head coach of UCLA here. She thought it would be Coach Fernandez again.

"Hi."

"I'm aware you haven't committed anywhere yet."

"No I haven't."

"Well if that's the case." The girl's heart was beating so fast she almost missed what the woman had to say next. "We would love to offer you a spot on the UCLA softball this fall/spring."

Is the girl dreaming?

Is this happening?

Holy shit it is.

As she stared down at the business card with the coach's information on it saying she'll keep in touch and wait for the recruiting letter in her email, she was speechless.

It didn't fully process until the girl was pulled into a big group hug with the people she loved the most.