TWENTY-TWO

"Chug chug chug chug!" Carly yelled. Her cousin and the birthday boy were currently shotgunning a beer.

Winner takes on the winner of Carly and Lily. Although the girl can tell her friend was over her limit. Any minute now she was gonna fall asleep.

"Yeah lets fucking go! The boy becomes a man." Trent shouted, slamming his empty beer can on the ground.

Everyone cheered and clapped. Carly couldn't help but smile. If there's one thing for sure, Trent was too pure for this world. Not the kind of pure where he could do no harm, but he's not as innocent as he might now seem to be. She sees the way he treats Eleanor. It's adorable.

"Next up we got Carly and Lily!"

Carly smiled, getting up from her spot and walking towards the "battlefield". She looked over to her friend who didn't move a wink. "Lils? You ok?"

Lily barely lifted her head. Eddie moved towards his girlfriend. "You ok babe?"

"Yeah." Lily managed to say.

"Yeah she's done for the night."

"Oh rats. Anyone up to challenge little C?" Trent announced. Some people didn't turn their heads. They were all too busy doing whatever it was they were doing.

"I'm down."

The girl's head immediately whipped in the direction in the voice. Shit. No no no. Anyone but her.

"Alright little C vs Phoebe. Paxton's ex-girlfriend vs current girlfriend." Trent said. He was drunk no doubt. But that didn't make the girl anymore upset.

Carly didn't even bother paying any attention to the half-naked girl in front of her or the boy staring intently at her direction. She was the raining shotgun queen. Nobody was gonna change that. Certainly not this blonde bimbo in front of her.

"Ready and go!"

The girl cracked the beer open and started to chug. She ignored the gross taste coming in her mouth. It's not like she hated beer. She just didn't prefer it.

And the girl knew what you all are thinking.

Carly Tan is drinking during softball season?

Hell yeah she is.

Carly Tan is her own person. She is allowed to make her own decisions. And if she wanted to have a few drinks to celebrate her friend's birthday, so fucking be it. She made no promise to anyone.

The girl felt less and less beer coming in her mouth and was about to slam the can down on her ground until she felt a sudden tap on her throat. She immediately disregarded the can out her mouth, coughing.