SEVEN

"Carly stay back for a bit." Coach Delgado said, dismissing everyone to go back into the locker room and change.

The girl sighed. Lily gave her a reassuring smile before she too retreated to the locker room. Now it was only Carly and her coach.

Great.

Not that Carly was afraid of her coach. They had built a good relationship over the years, but never has she wanted to talk to the girl in private like this.

Practice was a bust. The girl couldn't force on anything other than her pointless conversation with Devi. Not to be a bitch or anything but why did the girl care so much about it?

Devi was nothing to her.

They weren't even friends.

No where near friends.

Was Carly annoyed because Devi was dating the one guy she wanted to be with right now?

Of course. It's so fucking obvious.

Devi was living her life and she hated it.

Stop Carly you have Parker now!!

"You wanted to talk to me Coach?" Carly asked.

Coach Delgado nodded. "Yeah um... you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine."

To be honest, Carly did feel a little pain in her left ankle. Nothing but an ice pack wouldn't help. It was always such a nagging injury since Freshman year. A foul ball hurt her ankle and the pain the girl felt was terrible.

"Carly? If you feel any pain whatsoever, tell me. I'd rather have you treat it now than wait until it gets worse."

Carly nodded. Should she tell her coach? She wanted too. But season was about to start. She needed to start in every game to ensure she got a scholarship to UCLA.

"My ankle has been a little sensitive."

"Your left one?"

Carly nodded. "But it shouldn't be too bad."

Coach Degaldo shook her head. "It doesn't matter. I'll ask the trainers to look over it but if it's not in any way ready for the game on Friday..."

"Don't say it."

"I'm sorry Carly."

Carly was angry. She lost everything already. The one thing she didn't lose was softball. And if his nagging injury was the reason why she wasn't gonna get into UCLA, she was gonna cry.

She knew were her Coach was coming from. But why now?

"I understand."

"Season is still young. I know how hard you work yourself to get that UCLA scholarship, but you're still young. You have so much of your life left than to fantasize about your dream school."

"I know."

"Chin up ok. Everything's gonna be ok."