TWENTY-ONE

The party was already in full swing when the girl arrived. When Trent invited her to his birthday party, she couldn't be anymore happier.

She needed a few drinks to get her through the worst first day of school ever. Thankfully the only people who witnessed her breakdown was her best friend and cousin.

The girl opted for a burgundy cowl neck tank with some denim shorts and white high top converse. Comfortable, but sexy.

The girl stopped trying to dress to impress at these parties. Who the hell wants to see someone wearing a skanky ass top who shows all your boobs and stomach?

Oh wait Carly knew who.

Phoebe stupid Hayward.

Yeah she had a nice body and everything, but why did she find the need to show it? Put some clothes on bitch.

What happens if there are people who are insecure with their bodies see that? That would crush their confidence. Been there, done that.

"Carls. Babe. Dance with me." Lily whined, dragging the girl to the dance floor. Carly chuckled and danced with her best friend. 

She was having so much fun until she saw someone she hasn't seen since forever.

"Parker?" Carly said, looking at her ex-boyfriend

Parker scratched the back of his head. "Hey Carly."

"What are you doing here?"

"My friend Des is here. He invited me." Parker explained.

Carly nodded. "Haven't heard from you in awhile."

"Yeah um, sorry about that. I've been busy."

"Clearly."

Carly wasn't upset by all means. But she would really like to know the reason why he broke up with her over text.

"Look I'm really sorry about everything that happened. It was shitty of me to break up with you over text."

Carly nodded. "Yeah it was."

Parker sighed. He didn't mean to hurt the girl. With everything that happened with his family, things were too much for him. 

"I just want to know why you broke up with me." Carly asked.

"Remember when I told you I thought my mom was cheating on my dad?" Carly nodded as the boy continued. "She was. And they got a divorce, suing each other to see who had full custody of my sister and I. It was just complicated. And I didn't want to bring you in it. I'm sorry."

Carly felt so selfish. She really thought it was because she did something to make the boy hate her, but really he was dealing with this. "Shit. I'm so sorry Parker."

Parker shook his head. "Don't be."

"You know if you ever need someone to talk about it, I'm here for you. As a friend."

Parker smiled. "Thanks Carls. You wanna dance?" The girl nodded and started dancing with the boy. Even if she no longer had feelings for the boy, dancing with him was harmless. She at least got the closure she needed to move on. 

As she placed her head on the boy's shoulder, she looked over to see Paxton staring intently at her. She gave him the middle finger and turned her attention back to Parker.

Paxton couldn't help but chuckle. Not that it was funny seeing your ex-girlfriend give you the middle finger, but he knew she was in a much better mood than she was when he saw her this morning. And if it's because of the guy she was currently dancing with, then so be it.

As long as she's happy, he's happy. No matter how much it hurt him to see her with another guy.