Chapter 42

As Kakashi jumped from roof to roof, there was only one thought on his mind. "I'm late."

Kakashi had agreed to meet up with Rin and Obito for breakfast, it had been 2 weeks since he and Obito had made up. It was Rin's idea for them to grow closer together, Kakashi and Obito had taken well to the idea.

Kakashi had woken up late and he was supposed to meet them 15 minutes ago. He expected Obito to overeach probably yell at him and Rin to have to defuse the situation between the two of them.

He sighed, but accepted that this would be the outcome that awaited him. Kakashi arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later and what he predicted would happen did. "Kakashi what took you so long to show up? You're late! Obito yelled pointing a finger at him.

Kakashi smiled and put his hands in front of him defensively in an attempt to calm Obito down. "Sorry I was helping an old lady with her groceries." He explained.

"Ah - ha! Obito exclaimed confidently. "Now I know you're lying, that's the old excuse that I used when I was late to training." He said getting closer to Kakashi practically putting his finger in Kakashi's face.

Before Obito could advanced more on Kakashi, Rin stepped in between them. "Come on Obito, haven't you heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." She said attempting to defuse the issue between her friends.

Obito continued to stare at Kakashi before he broke out into a smile. "You shouldn't be so serious Kakashi, I was just messing with you." He said patting Kakashi on the back. Kakashi said nothing in response.

"Ok now that we've got that figured out, let's eat." Rin announced as she led the pair back to the table. The three of them talked throughout the meal. "So Kakashi without any students to train, what are you doing with your extra time, taking on more missions or what?" Obito asked.

As soon as he finished his question, he felt a swift kick. He looked at Rin confused wondering why she had kicked him. She looked at him with a serious look. "Don't talk about him not having any students, he misses not being their sensei." Rin hissed under her breath.

Obito's eyes widened in realization. Looking over at Kakashi, he saw his upset expression. "Wow, this really good." Obito said digging into his food to try to change the subject and get attention away from slip up. Rin sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose at his attempt.

"Guys." Kakashi said his voice drawing them out of their one on one and towards him. "I'm not really hungry anymore, can we do the other thing that we planned today." He asked.

"Of course." Rin answered quickly happy to get his mind off his students and focused on anything else.

"Sounds good to me!" Obito exclaimed giving a thumbs up feeling a bit guilty about bringing up his students in the first place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Are you two sure you have the time to do this? You both have students to train and Rin you're the head of the hospital." Kakashi said looking between the pair as they stood at the grass area near the training grounds.

"It's not a problem for me. Tenten is training with her team." Rin said. 

"It's not an issue for me either. Sasuke is training by himself, I'm pretty sure that he's actually happy I'm not there. I think he needed a break from me." Obito said slightly chuckling as the other two smiled in response. 

"Ok, then let's get to it. Sparring, but with no justus, just hand to hand combat and weapons. We never know when we could be running low on chakra, so might as well be prepared. Also the forest is fair game, so we can fight in there." Kakashi said as Obito and Rin nodded in agreement.