Chapter 28

Minato arrived home to Kushina's amazing cooking and he could feel his mouth watering. Minato had just wrapped up a high level jonin mission. Lady Tsunade had been a little hesitant to let Minato back into such dangerous action so soon, but Minato had easily passed all the tests she had set for him.

Lady Tsunade had no choice, but to allow Minato back on A and S ranked missions. Minato loved being back on missions, the only part that he could go without was the mission reports. One of the worst things in Minato's mind was having to write a mission report after a long and grueling mission.

He entered the kitchen to see Kushina cooking wrapping an arm around her and kissing her on the cheek. "How's your day been?" Minato asked.

Kushina turned her attention away from her cooking. "It's been great, the only bad thing is Tsunade still won't let me go out on missions. I was a jonin before I was pregnant." Kushina pouted.

"Don't worry honey, I'm sure they'll let you back on missions soon." Minato said consoling his wife.

"Thank you Minato, you always know what to say." Kushina said as she grabbed him by the chin pulling him closer to her and gently kissing him on the lips.

Naruto chose that unfortunate time to enter the kitchen and recoiled at the sight in front of him. "My eyes they burn!" He exclaimed grabbing his eyes and turning away from his parents.

"You should be happy that your parents are expressing their love for each other!" Kushina snapped at Naruto anger rising in her with her long red hair floating behind her.

Minato stepped in between his petrified son and furious wife to defuse the situation. "How about you set the table Naruto while your mom finishes dinner." Minato suggested.

Naruto nodded and wordlessly got the silverware to set the table. Minato suspected that he was still in shock from the fear that Kushina had installed in him.

A knock on the door broke Minato out of his thoughts and he went to answer the door wondering who would be knocking on their door at this time.

Minato was shocked when he opened the door. Kakashi stood opposite him leaning against the house. Kakashi was beaten badly with blood all over him. "Sensei." Kakashi muttered before he passed out.

Minato was at his student's side in a flash, gently catching him. Minato's eyes widened in horror as he looked Kakashi up and down. Blood stained Kakashi's vest, there was a deep cut along Kakashi's bicep. "Kakashi what happened to you?" Minato asked his voice a low whisper as he took in more injuries that Kakashi had. His mask was smeared with blood, there was drops of blood in Kakashi's silver hair. Minato took notice that Kakashi's normal eye was swollen covered with his hitai-ate while he was using his sharingan to see draining his chakra quicker.

Minato carried Kakashi into his house. "Kushina I need your help." Minato called.

"What's going on Minato?" Kushina asked wiping hands on a towel before looking up. Her calm expression broke into one of horror as she saw Kakashi. "Minato what happened to him?" Kushina panicky asked.

"I don't know." Minato answered still concerned about his student. "I'm going to lay him down to rest." Minato said as he carried Kakashi away. Kushina just looked on worried for him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kakashi woke up and taking in his surroundings. He was on a couch in a room that he didn't recognize, he looked down at his clothes. They weren't his, they were light blue oppose to his normal dark blue. The clothes fit him fine for not being his.

Kakashi realized that he wasn't wearing his mask. Kakashi searched around the room for it to no avail. "Come on where is it?" Kakashi asked. Kakashi finally spotted a bandana and decided that it would suffice.

Kushina entered the room right after Kakashi tied the bandana around his face. Her enter caused him to jump slightly in surprise. "Calm down Kakashi it's just me." Kushina said smiling while rolling her eyes. "Sorry you just caught me off guard." Kakashi said sheepishly.

"Well I just came in here to give you some of your clothes, I was able to wash the blood out of your long sleeve shirt and pants, I'm still trying to get the blood out of your mask and vest. Seems like you found a substitute for it." Kushina joked trying to lighten the mood.

Kakashi gave no reaction to her joke as he just stood there deep in thought. Kushina made her way over to him. "Kakashi are you ok, I'm worried about you. How did you get so beat up?" Kushina asked as she gave Kakashi's hand a slight squeeze. This brought Kakashi out of his daze as he looked at her.

"I was sparing with my team and they caught me off guard." Kakashi said looking Kushina directly in the eye. Kushina looked skeptical. "Can I have some privacy to change?" Kakashi asked before Kushina could grill him anymore.

"Of course Kakashi." Kushina said exiting the room not able to shake the feeling that something was off.

Minato was waiting for his wife outside the room. "Did you get any information out of him?" Minato asked. Minato had been trying to listen to every word through the door, but most of it was muffled. He had been on edge since Kakashi had arrived at their house.

"He said that his team was able to get the drop on him and beat him pretty badly, but he wouldn't make eye contact with him and I have a feeling that he isn't telling the truth." Kushina said.

"We should talk to Naruto to get to the bottom of this." Minato said.

"Agreed." Kushina said as she followed after her husband to interrogate their son.