Chapter 30

Minato walked into the kitchen to see Kushina sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee. "Morning sleepyhead." Kushina teased.

"Good morning ." Minato responded as he poured a cup of coffee and sat down next to her giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I see you're sleeping in more, now that you don't have to deal with Hokage duties." Kushina teased.

Minato chuckled in response. "I almost forgot what it was like to sleep in." He said taking a sip from his mug.

Minato then looked around the room with a confused look on his face. "Hey where's Naruto?" Minato asked.

"He decided that he couldn't be the strongest shinobi if he wasn't getting early training in. So he's practicing his wind style with Asuma." Kushina answered.

"Has Kakashi gotten up yet?" Minato asked. His concern for his former student showing.

"No he hasn't gotten up this morning, I made you some breakfast. You should eat, I'll go check up on Kakashi." Kushina said getting up and heading to Kakashi's room before Minato could say anything.

Kushina heard nothing as she stood outside Kakashi's room. She put her ear to the door and was met with silence not even hearing him breathing.

"He must be sleeping, I shouldn't bother him." Kushina thought as she began to walk away from the door. However, before Kushina could get far she heard a noise behind her.

Kushina turned to see Minato opening up Kakashi's door. Kushina made her way to the door as quickly and quietly as she could furious at her husband. "What are you doing?" Kushina angrily hissed.

"I was just going to check on how Kakashi is doing." Minato answered as if it was the most normal thing in the world to be asked.

"Have you seen him? I just want to make sure that he's ok." Minato reassured her.

Kushina entered an internal debate. It would be wrong to disrupt Kakashi, but they could be careful to not disturb him and see if he was ok. "Ok we can check on him as long as we don't wake him up." Kushina said.

Kushina and Minato did their best to enter the room as quietly as possible. To their relief Kakashi was passed out on the couch. He was sprawled out on the couch with his hair messier than usual, his mask still on and one of his arms dangling off the couch.

Minato gave Kushina a thumbs up to say we've seen him now we can go. Both of them started to make their way out of the room until Kushina stepped on the squeaky floorboard. The noise echoed through the room.

The noise caused Kakashi to jolt up from the couch in the blink of an eye holding a kunai to protect himself breathing heavily. "Kakashi calm down its just us." Minato said doing his best to calm Kakashi down.

"You guys caught me by surprise." Kakashi stated putting the kunai away.

"We're sorry for waking you up Kakashi, we were just making sure you were alright." Kushina explained.

"It's alright, I should probably go find Rin and see how she's doing." Kakashi said as he began to walk towards the door.

"Not so fast Kakashi, you said you clear up the rest of details that we were missing then we can find Rin." Minato said placing a arm in front of him preventing him from leaving.

Kakashi sighed. "Ok you two should probably take a seat, we'll be here for awhile." Kakashi said as they all took seats.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You've got to be kidding me." Naruto frustratingly exclaimed as his rasenshuriken burst.

"That was your best one so far, you almsot had it." Asuma said. He was helping Naruto perfect his rasenshuriken, Naruto had sought out Asuma to help with it.

"You just need to focus your chakra into it completely and release it when you're ready to launch the attack." Asuma explained.

Naruto nodded taking in every word that Asuma said knowing that if anyone could teach him how to do this it would be Asuma. Naruto began channeling his chakra into the rasenshuriken. Sweat began to run down his face as he concentrated even harder on the technique. His shadow clones appeared next to him helping with the technique.

Asuma smiled as he watched Naruto successfully perform the technique. "Asuma - Sensei did you see that? I was able to do it." Naruto said smiling widely at him.

"Yeah I did Naruto, let's take a bit of a break. I don't want Kakashi to get mad at me for wearing you out." Asuma said walking towards the shade of a patch of trees. Naruto was going to object originally, but he could feel his aching muscles, so he decided that a break couldn't hurt and followed Asuma to the shade.

Asuma took a sip from a water bottle before tossing it to Naruto. Naruto began to greedily drink the cold refreshing water. "Hey Naruto have you seen Kakashi lately?" Asuma asked.

Naruto nearly spit out the water at Asuma's question. His parents had told him to not tell anyone that Kakashi was at their house until they had figured out the situation with him and Obito. Naruto end up choking on the water. "Are you ok Naruto?" Asuma asked looking at him concerned.

Naruto was finally able to stop his coughing. "Yeah ok Asuma - Sensei and to answer your question I haven't seen Kakashi in a while, now let's get back to training." Naruto said as he ran back towards the training ground.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rin spat with Kurenai in her living room. Rin sat on one of the couches with tissues scattering in front of her. The tissues were from yesterday when she was still going through her heartbreak. She was almost near tears though, but this time it was do to the worry that she had for Kakashi.

Her heartbreak had been pushed aside with finding Kakashi being her main goal, it had been two days since she had seen him.

Kurenai sat next to Rin holding her in case she broke into tears again. She and Rin had been all over the village in search of him. She looked at Rin. "Rin do you think it would be better if you and Kakashi were just friends, it doesn't seem like he's built for a relationship." Kurenai said.

Rin gave her no response as she continued to stare in front of her. "Rin, hey Rin did you even hear me?" Kurenai asked. She still received no response. Kurenai sighed in defeat slouching against the couch.

"I'm going to head home and see if Kakashi is there." Rin said as she stood up and disappeared in a puff of smoke before Kurenai could say anything.

"Will that girl ever learn?" Kurenai asked herself in annoyance hoping that Rin would find someone who would treat her right.

Rin appeared in her living room and sat down on the couch thinking about what Kurenai said. "Does Kurenai have a point, what if Kakashi and I just aren't meant to be?" Rin thought to herself letting the doubts creep into her mind.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"So if I'm getting all of this correctly, Obito is mad at you because you rejected Rin's feelings and because you killed her." Minato asked. Kakashi had spilled every detail to Minato and Kushina concerning him butting heads with Obito.

"That about sums it up, Obito has every right to be angry with me. I did take Rin's life." Kakashi said putting his hard in his hands once again.

"Kakashi stop that." Kushina snapped at him. Kakashi looked up slightly surprised at how Kushina had snapped at him, even Minato looked surprised as he stared at her.

"You need to stop beating yourself for past actions, you can't make things better if you just sitting here thinking about the past." Kushina said. Kakashi looked at her shocked, but that shocked look quickly turned to one of confidence. "You're right Kushina." Kakashi said.

"Aren't I always?" Kushina said confidently crossing her arms. Minato barely contained his laughter and was only able to after Kushina glared daggers at him. Kakashi didn't notice as he should up from the couch. "I'm going to go see Rin, I'll see you two later." Kakashi said disappearing in a puff of smoke.

"Now we to go see Obito." Minato said. Kushina nodded in agreement.