Chapter 1

These events take place when Kakashi is 30 and his students are all 16.

(Kakashi POV)
Kakashi leaned against a tree as he watched Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura train against each other.

"Come on Sakura keep your head up, Sasuke stay calm keep a straight mind, Naruto don't rush into it." Kakashi called to his students as they trained.

As Kakashi watched his students train, he couldn't help, but be reminded of his former team.

"Obito, Rin." Kakashi thought to himself as he closed his eye that wasn't covered by his forehead protector.

Thinking of both his friends that he lost brought sorrow to Kakashi's heart, but what really broke him was the loss of Rin.

"Rin." Kakashi said quietly to himself as he thought about what he did to her, he had killed her using his chidori going straight through her chest.

Just thinking about Rin caused Kakashi to start crying not from the sharingan he received from Obito, but from his actual eye.

"Chidori!" Sasuke yelled out as his attack connected with Sakura and defeated her.
(Obviously not at full power they're training not trying to hurt each other)

As soon as Sasuke defeated Sakura, Naruto defeated Sasuke using rasengan.

"That was fun, huh Sasuke?" Naruto asked while smiling reaching a hand down to help up Sasuke.

Sasuke brushed off Naruto's help and stood up himself looking indifferent.

The three of them then realized they hadn't heard Kakashi say anything about their training in awhile so the three of them turned to look at their sensai.

"Kakashi sensai are you ok?" Naruto asked.

Kakashi was brought out of his thoughts about Rin when Naruto questioned him.

"I'm fine Naruto why do you ask?" Kakashi asked still leaning against the tree.

"Because you're crying." Sakura said.

Kakashi then touched his cheek and there were a couple tears slowly making their way down his cheek.

Kakashi wiped the tears away and dried off his eye.

Then the question Kakashi was dreading was asked.

"Kakashi sensai why were you crying?" Naruto asked.

Kakashi hesitated, he didn't want to tell his students the truth, but he knew lying never makes anything better. So reluctantly Kakashi decided to tell them.

"Ok you guys want to know?" Kakashi asked.

Both Naruto and Sakura nodded and Sasuke tried his best to look like he didn't care, but Kakashi could tell he also wanted to know.

"Ok I was part of a team like the three of you are currently, and I was good friends with my teammates Obito and Rin." Kakashi said as his voice dwelled on Rin.

"Kakashi sensai where are they what happened to them?" Naruto asked.

"That's the end of training today." Kakashi said ignoring Naruto and he disappeared in a puff of smoke.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Naruto POV)
"Why do you think Kakashi sensai didn't want to talk about his team?" Naruto asked.

"That's weird, did either of you notice how he dwelled when he mentioned Rin?" Sakura asked.

Both of her male teammates looked at her bewildered.