Chapter 39

Kakashi, Neji, Rin and Tenten all laid on top of a mountain that overlooked the castle. The castle had enemy shinobi guarding it in the front and the rear. The group was in a position where couldn't be seen by the shinobi.

Kakashi turned to the rest of the group. "Neji and I will go through the front and draw the attention of all the shinobi. Rin and Tenten will go through the back and take out any stranglers and then breach the castle. Neji and I will meet with the two of you when we can." Kakashi said.

He turned to Neji. "Does that plan work with you?"

"Yes it does, let's go Kakashi - Sensei." Neji said as the two of them prepared to attack the castle.

"Wait." Rin said as Tenten grabbed Neji's arm.

"What is it?" Kakashi asked cocking an eyebrow as Neji raised an eyebrow as well.

Rin grabbed Kakashi by the hand, caressing his hand in both of her hands. She looked him in the eyes. "Please Kakashi be careful." She said her voice low.

"I'm always careful Rin, there's no need to worry." Kakashi said smiling widely.

Rin tighten her grip on Kakashi's hand. I'm being serious Kakashi, I don't know what I would do without you." Rin said her voice slightly cracking.

"Rin I promise that I will get through this mission and I'll meet you inside that castle." Kakashi said his voice completely serious.

"I'll hold you to it." Rin said smiling as she playfully punched Kakashi on the arm.

He also smiled back brightly. "You can count on it."

Neji and Tenten were going through a similar situation. "Neji please come back safe." Tenten said her voice soft.

Neji's expression dropped slightly. "You know I can't promise that, but I'll try to." He said.

Tenten's head dropped with tears felling from her eyes. "I know, but I can't lose you Neji." She said.

Neji lifted her head up by the chin and kissed her on her forehead. "Ok then, I promise that I will come back." He said.

Kakashi watched the interaction finish. "Neji it's time to go." Kakashi said. Neji nodded in agreement and the two of them took off down the mountain.

The enemy shinobi saw the two of them approaching and prepared sending a giant fireball at them. "Earth Style: Mud Wall!" Kakashi yelled as it covered them.

The collision of the fireball and mud wall caused smoke to form over the battlefield and Neji snaked his way through it. "8 trigrams 128 palms!" He yelled as he easily dispatched the shinobi.

At this point Kakashi had joined the battle as well. The two of them stood back to back fighting off the shinobi.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Ok Kakashi and Neji are taking care of them, it's time to go." Rin said as she and Tenten took off for the back entrance of the castle.

The back entrance was completely unguarded as all of the shinobi went were distracted by Kakashi and Neji.

Rin easily kicked in the wooden door. Tenten watched this with her mouth hanging open. "What?" Rin asked noticing Tenten's expression.

"Nothing, I just wouldn't think that you could easily kick in the door." Tenten answered.

Rin smiled. "Lady Tsunade did teach me some things." She said as the two of them ran into the castle.

They stopped when they spotted a door that led downstairs. "It's probably a dungeon, that's where they're likely being held." Rin said.

Before either of them could open the door, a group of shinobi appeared. "Not so fast, you two aren't going anywhere." The shinobi said.