Chapter 27

The sun was starting to start at the Uchiha compound as Obito looked around the compound.

"Itachi, Itachi where you?" Obito asked as he checked in and out of rooms of the compounds.

After searching most of the rooms and not finding Itachi. A small wave of worry washed over Obito as possible scenarios ran through his mind. Had Itachi been taken by some ninjas from another village? Or had he done something foolish without thinking about how it would effect others.

"Itachi, Itachi!" Obito called raising his voice as the urgency in his voice became evident. Obito began searching the rooms frantically raising his voice with each empty room.

"Calm down Obito I'm right here, no need to yell." Itachi said appearing from one of the rooms down the hall.

"Sorry about that Itachi I couldn't find you, I thought you did something crazy like leave the village." Obito said as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"That's exactly what I getting ready to do." Itachi said as he went back into the room.

"Oh ok, wait what!" Obito asked it took him a moment to process what Itachi had said.

Obito ran over to the room that Itachi was in skidding past it before entering the room to speak with him.

"Itachi you can't be serious about leaving." Obito said as he looked at Itachi for an explanation.

"What about Sasuke? You're going to leave him again? It will crush him if you leave, you can't do this to him!" Obito yelled becoming more and more enraged the longer that he yelled at Itachi.

Itachi didn't answer him not even bothering to look up as he continued to pack a knapsack with supplies.

"Itachi answer me!" Obito yelled at him.

Itachi stop packing and stood up without saying a word facing Obito. Itachi looked at Obito intensely in the eyes. "I'm a rouge ninja, a former member of the Akatsuki. There's lots of people out there that want to hurt me and they'll do that by hurting the ones I care about including you and Sasuke." Itachi said.

"Sasuke and I can handle ourselves!" Obito exclaimed as he punched a hole in the wall turning his back to Itachi frustrated by his explanation.

"Obito calm down." Itachi said trying to calm down fellow Uchiha as he extended his arm to put his hand on Obito's shoulder.

Obito spun around quickly before Itachi could touch. "Don't." Obito said venomously betrayal and anger evident in his voice.

Itachi lowered his arm and returned it to side waiting for Obito to continue because he knew Obito had more to say.

"I'm not even that angry for myself, I'm angry for Sasuke he's been the happiest he's ever been with you back and now you're going to leave him." Obito said before taking in a shaky breath to try to compose himself.

"I'm trying to protect him." Itachi interjected trying to get his point across to Obito.

"But you're still hurting him in the process no matter how good your intentions are." Obito said as a year rolled down his cheek which he wiped away a tear as he walked towards the door.

Itachi cursed himself internally as he realized that Obito was right. Itachi picked up his head to see Obito leaving the room. "Where are you going?" Itachi asked.

"Out to clear my head, please think about what I said and the impact your actions will have on Sasuke." Obito said as he left the room.

Itachi stood still with his head down thinking about what Obito had said. Was what Obito had said actually been true, would him leaving do more harm to Sasuke than it would be for him to stay. Itachi was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realize that his hand was trembling.