Chapter 11

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke were walking around the village looking for Kakashi since he hadn't shown up to training in the morning.
(Naruto POV)
"Where is Kakashi - Sensei he's not around here anywhere." Sakura said.

Choji and Ino walked over to the group waving. "How's it going guys?" Choji asked waving.

"We're just looking for Kakashi - Sensei have you guys seen him?" Sakura asked.

"No we just came back from checking on Asuma - Sensei." Ino said.

"How's he doing?" Sasuke asked.

The others were surprised that Sasuke asked, but Ino was happy to answer. "Asuma - Sensei is doing well, he's just getting rest and he should be back to normal in a couple days." Ino said.

"Hey where's Shikamura?" Naruto asked noticing that Shikamura wasn't with them.

"Oh he's still having to look after Teamri." Choji said grinning.

"By your grin, I assume it's not going well." Sasuke said.

"I'll just tell you what happened when I went over there earlier today." Choji said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Flashback, Choji POV)
Choji and Ino had met up earlier to go check on Asuma.

"Where's Shikamura?" Ino asked noticing that he wasn't there.

"I don't know I haven't seen him today. I'll go check at his house and you go check on Asuma - Sensei we'll meet up with you later." Choji said as they parted ways.

Choji arrived at the Nara compound and it was completely quiet. As Choji began to walk to enter the compound he heard muffled yelling.

The yelling began louder and clearer as Choji got closer and closer to it.

Choji then stopped at a room with the door opened slightly open. Choji peered inside the room to see both Shikamura and Teamri sitting across from each other with a shogi board between them. Teamri still in her wheelchair recovering from her injuries.

"You're cheating." Teamri accused pointing a finger at Shikamura.

"It's not my fault I'm smarter than you." Shikamura responded.

They went back and forth like that for awhile until Temari lost her temper and jumped out from her wheelchair keeping all her body weigh on her non injured leg. Teamri wrapped her hands around Shikamura's throat yelling at him to take it back.

Shikamaru couldn't even get out the words if he tried with the pressure that Teamri was keeping on his throat.
(End of Flashback)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Naruto POV)
"So that's when I left and decided that it would be best for them to work it out between themselves." Choji said.

Naruto and Sakura looked at Choji with their mouths hanging open in disbelief.

"Are you sure Shikamura is still alive?" Sakura asked.

"Oh yeah Shikamura should be fine he's made it past worse." Choji said.

"But it is Temari." Ino said.

Choji looked worried for a second before his jovial expression returned. "Like I said before Shikamura has survived worse." Choji said with a bit less confidence in his voice.

"Where is everyone else?" Naruto asked noticing that they were the only ones there.

"Guy - Sensei is training Lee, Tenten, and Neji. Kurenai - Sensei is doing the same with Kiba, Hinata, and Shino. And when I saw Sai this morning he said that he was going into the forest to work on his drawing abilities and we should be off." Ino said as both her and Choji turned away from them.