Chapter 41

The building loomed in front of Kakashi as a sense of dread filled him. He had done his best to avoid this, but there was getting out of this. "Let's just get this over with." Kakashi thought as he walked towards the Uchiha compound pushing open the front gate to enter.

Kakashi looked around the deserted compound. There was no sign of Obito or Sasuke. "Things are quiet, too quiet." While looking around the compound in deep thought, he failed to notice the tripwire that he activated. 

The trap triggered a kunai aimed right at Kakashi's back, he didn't even bother turning around as he easily grabbed it out of the air. 

"I know you're there." Kakashi said as he caught the kunai that was aimed at his back. He quickly turned and threw it towards the trees to his right. 

A figure standing on one of the tree branches masked by darkness was revealed by the light as he dodged the attack. Kakashi looked the figure up and down. "I was wondering when you were going to show yourself."

The figure smirked. "I could say the same about you Kakashi." With those words the tension in the air thickened. "It's been a while Obito." Kakashi said to his former teammate.

Neither of them broke eye contact as they glared at each other. Obito broke the silence. "So what brought you here?"

Kakashi didn't answer as he looked around the compound. "Where's Sasuke?" 

"He's out training, now time to answer my question. Why are you here?" Obito asked again. He was becoming a bit annoyed having to ask the same question again. 

Kakashi looked him lazily in response as he turned his attention away from Obito instead looking around the compound. "This is a really nice place, it seems like you've been taking good care of it." Kakashi said smiling widely. 

This just infuriated Obito further. "Cut the stupid games Kakashi, I know that you didn't come here to talk to me about the condition of the compound, so spill." Obito said.

"Still as observant as always." Kakashi smirked before turning back to Obito. "I'm here to make amends with you." Kakashi answered.

Obito looked at him bewildered before his expression turned to one of anger. "You've had all this time and you wait 2 years?! Obito yelled at him. 

Kakashi was too stunned by Obito's outburst to say anything in response or even think of anything as he let Obito continue. "A day hasn't gone by when I'm not haunting by what I did to you how I let my emotions get the better of me and the shame I brought to myself." Obito couldn't bring himself to even look at Kakashi as he looked at the ground the entire time. 

Kakashi thought Obito had finished and was about to speak, but Obito continued. "However I don't want you to act as if you're pure in this situation. You treated Rin awfully and I shouldn't have done what I did, but something needed to happen. So don't act all high and mighty." He had become so passionate that he had looked at Kakashi and was now glaring at him waiting for his response. 

Kakashi came to the simple conclusion after thinking Obito's words over. "He's right, I did treat Rin poorly. I was distant from her and I rejected her feelings. I won't do that to her again, I'll be honest with her and tell her the truth, but this isn't the time or place to be going into that. I'll save it for when I talk to Rin." 

Kakashi looked at Obito. "You're right." He simply uttered. Obito was completely caught off guard by Kakashi's response. "I don't think I heard you right, can you repeat that?" 

"I said that you're right that I did treat Rin poorly, but I won't treat her like that again and for Rin to be happy, the two of us need to get along. The fight is definitely causing some stress for her."

"Wait, she knows about the fight? Obito asked in completely horror this  is what he wanted to avoid. 

"No, she does know about, and she won't find out about it." Kakashi reassured Obito. 

Obito visibly relaxed as Kakashi continued. "However, the two of us need to repair our relationship, so that Rin doesn't catch on." Kakashi said as he extended his hand. "So are we cool? 

"Yeah, we're cool." Obito said shaking his hand. "I'm glad we're cool again." Obito said smiling.

"I've got to go Obito, sorry I'm taking off so soon, but I'm glad we got this figured it out." Kakashi said as he leapt onto the fence and gave Obito a finger salute before jumping off the wall.