Chapter 26

Rin made her way through the village and eventually made it to the restaurant.
(Rin POV)
I look around the restaurant for Kurenai, then my eyes shifted to the back of the restaurant where Kurenai was seated. I quickly make my way to the back of the restaurant and take the other seat across from Kurenai.

"Sorry I was late Kurenai, I got caught up with something." I said making myself comfortable in the chair.

"Would that something include a masked ninja we both know?" Kurenai asked with a knowing smirk.

I immediately felt heat rush to my face as my cheeks blushed bright red.  "How did you know?" I asked beyond embarrassed.

Kurenai just softly giggled in response. "You're always hanging out with him, you two seem to be getting pretty close." Kurenai said with a teasing tone in her voice.

My blush deepen and my head sunk to the table in defeat. "You've been hanging out with Anko too much." I murmured annoyed.

Kurenai's smile widened. "I guess so, but you and Kakashi are pretty obvious." She replied still smiling.

"Can we just eat and talk about something else?" I asked. Kurenai obliged as we ordered our food and talked about different things.

"Where has Kakashi's team been? I haven't seen them in a couple of days." I said as I put a piece of Korean BBQ into my mouth.

"They're on a mission with Asuma and his team. They should be back in about an hour." Kurenai answered looking at the clock situated across from them on the wall.

"So how has it been with him gone?" I asked as I pushed the Korean BBQ around the plate lazily.

"It's been a bit lonely, but he's coming back today so I'm excited." Kurenai said.

"That's nice to hear." I said a bit dully still pushing my food around my plate.

"But we're not here to talk about me missing Asuma, I can tell something is bothering you. Now spill." Kurenai said.

I brought my head to look at her. "Was it that obvious?" I asked a small assumed smile forming on my face.

"You've been playing with your food most of the meal and seem to be thinking about something. And you're missing your face paint." Kurenai said.

I felt my blood run cold, in my rush to get to lunch with Kurenai. I had forgotten to go home and apply my face paint.

I shot up out of my chair nearly knocking it over. "I walked into a crowded restaurant without my face paint." I squeaked out my voice barely audible.

Kurenai nodded hesitantly a little worried at how I would react.

"Not having my face paint on this morning while seeing Kakashi was bad enough, but now I've walked into an extremely popular restaurant with it. How embarrassing." I thought feeling mortified that I had done this.

"Rin relax here I've got some of your extra paint." Kurenai said as she dug through her purse pulling out a small silver cylinder.

Kurenai had carried a back up supply of my face paint when I had still lived with her just in case I had forgotten to apply my face paint in the morning.

"Thank you so much Kurenai." I said happily as I gave her a hug.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I took the cylinder from her opening it and applied the purple paint to my face.

"Much better." I said to myself as I examined the purple paint on my face.

"Anyway let's get back to what's bothering you." Kurenai as she and I both took our seats.