Chapter 15

(Rin POV)
It had been a couple days since the mind search had been preformed on Rin and she still couldn't stop thinking of Kakashi's memories that she had seen. All the memories she had seen were dark and depressing. Rin sat on a bench deeply consumed by her thoughts.

"Kakashi couldn't have lived like that for years no one could live like that or could Kakashi really led such a depressing time in his life." Rin thought.

Rin sighed in annoyance. "I'm going to drive myself crazy if I keep going in circles with these thoughts I need to get some answers. Kakashi wouldn't tell me, but I know the perfect person to ask." Rin concluded as she stood up and began her search.

It didn't take long for Rin to find Guy who was training with his team. Rin stood off to the side waiting for Guy to finish up with them. Guy noticed Rin standing there and gave her a smile and little nod as he turned back to his students.

"Ok run 100 laps and that will wrap up training for the day." Guy said giving his team his trademark smile. Rock Lee cheered enthusiastically before starting the laps both Neji and Tenten groaned as they followed after him.

"How's it going Rin?" Guy asked giving her a wave as he walked over.

"It's been fine." Rin said hesitantly pondering whether she would go forward with questioning Guy.

Guy picked up on Rin's hesitation. "Something seems to be bothering you what's going on?" Guy asked.

Rin decided to through with the question. "Guy what happened to Kakashi?" Rin asked.

Guy looked confused at her question. "I don't quite understand your question." Guy said.

"What happened to Kakashi that made him more open and warm to people. I can tell he's still Kakashi when he was younger he cared for people, but he didn't show it as he shows it now." Rin said pointing out the differences between Kakashi and when he was younger.

Guy stayed quiet during Rin's analysis of Kakashi nodding at the points that Rin had made before speaking. "Kakashi has gone through quite a lot since he's been younger, but it's not my place to tell you exactly what he went through. The only person that you can talk to about this is Kakashi." Guy said.

Rin let out a defeated sigh as she realized that the only person that she would get answers from was Kakashi.

A hidden leaf shinobi jumped down from a tree a few yards away from Rin and Guy and walked over to them with a message. "Lady Tsunade has requested that both of you report to her office." The hidden leaf shinobi said.

"Thank you." Guy and Rin both said as the hidden leaf shinobi nodded and disappeared.

Both Rin and Guy quickly made their way to the Hokage tower.

Rin knocked on the door leading to the office. "Come in." Lady Tsunade's voice called out as Rin and Guy pushed open the door.

Rin surveyed the room to see Lady Tsunade sitting at her desk while Shizune stood behind her. Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai, and Itachi stood around the room.

"Good to see you're both here now we can get down to business." Lady Tsunade said addressing Guy and Rin.

"We have found out the location of the rest of team Minato. So we will send Kakashi and his team, Itachi, Jiraiya, and Rin after them while the us will stay here at the village in case the Akatsuki attack." Lady Tsunade said.

Everyone nodded. "Now that that's covered everyone can go back to what they were doing." Lady Tsunade said.

Everyone had already left the room except for Kakashi and Lady Tsunade. Rin was about to leave when Lady Tsunade called out. "Hold on for a minute Rin." Lady Tsunade said.

"What is it Lady Tsunade?" Rin asked.

Kakashi interjected. "I don't think it would be wise for you to go on the mission." Kakashi said.

"Why not?" Rin said angrily as she spun on her heel to look at Kakashi.

"You could get hurt and you're still gaining a grasp on what you know." Kakashi said.

"Well I can take care of myself and I know some jutsus that you don't know about. Now why do you care so much, you weren't like this when we were younger." Rin said prodding trying to get answers.

"I realized how much people truly mean to me." Kakashi said.

"And what brought you to that realization?" Rin asked as she took a step closer to Kakashi.

As Kakashi looked up Rin saw something she that she had never seen before. She saw fear in Kakashi's visible eye as he looked up. Kakashi disappeared quickly in a puff of smoke a moment after Rin spotted the fear in his eye.

Lady Tsunade did her best to keep her face neutral, but Rin could tell she was concerned. "What's wrong with Kakashi?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"I don't know he's pretty secretive, but I will find out." Rin said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Kakashi POV)
Kakashi appeared in a puff of smoke in his apartment and he collapsed onto the couch in his living room. "That probably wasn't the best idea to just run away from Rin." Kakashi thought to himself.

"On the other hand I don't want her or anyone else that doesn't already know to know how much I struggled it's just filled with too much darkness and depression. It's also a time of my life I try to forget." Kakashi thought as he drifted off to sleep.