Chapter 34

~Suga~

"Hey Daichi?" Daichi hums, slowly opening his eyes to look at Suga who lies next to him, still in the grass under the tree. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He sighs, eyes tired but Suga clearly has his undivided attention.

"How many guys have you liked?" It's random, he knows but still. He's been curious. He knows Daichi has liked at least one guy but that was a few years ago. There's got to be more. Daichi chuckles a little at the question.

"Two." Suga's eyes widened.

"Two?"

"Yup. The one I told you about and then a new one who I also told you about but I never specified a gender." Suga looks shocked as his heartbeat quickens.

"Really? Only two?" Daichi smiles.

"I've noticed I don't fall for people easily. Usually takes a lot. Not necessarily interactions but unless I know what kind of person they are it's hard for me to fall for people." Suga chews his bottom lip for a second before continuing with a question he's been dying to ask.

"Who...who's the second one?" His voice is quiet, almost silent. He's hesitant. Scared. Daichi smiles lovingly at him but doesn't say anything. Just reaches out and cups his face for a second before letting his hand fall and eyes close. Sugas heart feels like it's beating out of his chest as he tries to decipher Daichi's silence.

Suga bites his lip before slowly sitting up. Daichi turns over and opens his eyes so he's now looking up at Suga. Suga looks at him curiously and anxious as he goes to ask again.

Unfortunately, at that moment the alarm goes off and Sugas heart sinks a little. He can tell Daichi has a similar reaction as he sighs and slowly sits up, taking out his phone to turn it off.

Their time was up.

Daichi slowly stands up, Suga slowly watches his movements, wishing so much was different about their situation.

Then a hand is extended to him. He smiles at Daichi and takes it, standing up as well.

They don't let go though and Suga can feel his heart skip a beat.

They hold hands tightly as they slowly start to make their way to the school in silence.

He doesn't want this to be the end.

Why does this have to end.

Things only just got started.

He needs him.

Suga feels his heart break a little when they reach the school and see the bus. Daichi's team is gathered around along with Sugas friends. He's glad for their support but in all honesty, he can barely focus on anything other than Daichi.

Their hands fall apart once they reach the parking lot.

This isn't fair.

Daichi greets his team, thanking his friend from earlier, Kuroo, for packing his stuff while he says goodbye.

It's not fair.

As his team is boarding the bus, Daichi turns to Suga, giving him a sad smile.

Then they're hugging. Suga's arms wrapped around Daichi's neck tightly, Daichi's arms hugging his waist. They held on tightly, Sugas head resting on the boy's shoulder.

"I don't want you to leave." He whispers so quietly only Daichi could hear him. Daichi sighs and hugs him a little tighter.

"I know. I don't want to either." Sugas heart hurts as he bites his lip. He wants to cry. "I'm only 45 minutes away. We'll see each other soon, I promise." Suga nods.