Chapter 27

⚠️Disclaimer⚠️
This chapter contains slight homophobia and a single mention of an ED
________________________________

~Oikawa~

Oikawa's eyes widened. Shit...

He shoots up when he hears another crash, wincing. Iwaizumi sits up slower, studying Oikawa's body language. "You okay?"

Oikawa is jumpy and anxious. He whips his head to meet Iwa's gaze which is surprisingly calm. "Y-yeah, umm stay here for a second. I...need to check something." He mumbles the last part while forcing himself out of his room and down the stairs. The yelling instantly gets louder and when he reaches the bottom of the stairs he sees his sister at the table, head down, body tense while his parents are screaming at each other. He tunes out their actual words, just standing there waiting for a moment to speak.

His mother is the one to spot him. "Oh, hi honey I didn't realize you were home." His father looks over at him, clearly extremely pissed.

"Uh yeah umm, I just thought you should know...I kinda have a friend over right now." His father scoffs.

"Please friend, like I'd believe that. Look I get that you're a fag but don't go bringing around your fuck buddies. I won't tolerate that shit in my house." Oikawa gulps.

"S-sorry." There's no point in arguing.

"Jeez grow a fucking spine. Can't believe I raised a son who acts like a girl." Oikawa glances over at his mom, silently praying for her to say something. She averts her gaze instead, directing her attention to his sister. He doesn't blame her though. "Look just get out of my house. I can't even look at you. What a disgrace." Oikawa doesn't need to be told twice, running back to his room as quickly as he can, not surprised that the yelling continues at his sister as he leaves. He doesn't feel that bad for her though. Sure she's currently on probation from school but she has an apartment and roommates. She can leave whenever she wants and really only stays here because she has a friend living close by. She doesn't have to stay here like Oikawa.

When he gets back to his room he sees Iwa looking around his room, at the pictures on his wall and nicknacks on his desk. As he shuts the door behind him Iwaizumi turns to meet his gaze. "Sorry about that. Umm, we should get going though." Iwaizumi doesn't respond or ask any questions. Just simply follows Oikawa to his window, Oikawa leading them slowly out and to the ground.

They start down the road mindlessly, a tense silence covering them. Well, it was tense for Oikawa, Iwaizumi still seemed extremely calm and collected. "Sorry about that, I-"

"Relax, you don't have to apologize. It's not like you have any control over that." Oikawa gives him a sorta baffled look.

"How...why are you so calm?"

"Oh, I'm used to that kind of stuff. Doesn't really startle me anymore." Oikawa's eyes widen a little as he looks at him.

"Oh sorry...I didn't umm..."

"Jeez for the love of god Shittykawa stop saying sorry. It's getting really annoying." He gives him a small smile, contradicting his tone which makes Oikawa feel a lot better. "My family was very similar so I know what it's like."

"It's better though?"

"Yeah, they split up about two years ago. Been living with my dad ever since. It's not perfect but a lot better than it used to be. Normal even." Oikawa smiles lightly.

"I'm glad it's better for you."

"Don't worry so much it will get better. Just stay safe okay? In that dynamic things can get dangerous."