Chapter 7

~Oikawa~

Oikawa sat alone on a bench about a block from the skating rink. He could go home. But why would he? He wasn't tired so his other option was to study and he definitely was against that. So he decided to go sit at the park, replaying Iwaizumi's words. Then Suga's.

"Still a dick..." He mutters to himself before chuckling and sighing at his stupidity.

"I thought you would have gone home." Oikawa glances up slowly at the new voice before looking straight ahead at the empty street.

"Yeah well, I didn't feel like sleeping or studying so decided to chill here." He hears the boy hum.

"Well if you don't plan on going home anytime soon I know an ice cream shop that's open 24/7. Wanna go? I'll pay." Oikawa scoffs, not bothering to look at the boy.

"I thought you told me to 'back off.'" He does quotes, letting the pain seep through his words. Iwaizumi sighs and takes a seat next to Oikawa.

"I only said that because I didn't want you to get hurt. Ichiro is...aggressive."

"I can take care of myself." He says coldly, glaring at the other.

"I know. But he's been banned from a bunch of different rinks for beating up his own team during games. He also gets the most penalties during games currently and a few years ago sent a kid to the hospital and almost went to jail." Oikawa pursues his lips. "Still think you could have handled it." Oikawa rolls his eyes.

"If you're expecting a thank you, you won't get one."

"I'm not. I came to apologize. And make it up to you." Oikawa looks at him with a softer expression as he stands up. "So let me buy you some ice cream. Or you can stay here and sulk. Whatever floats your boat Shittykawa." Oikawa sighs and bites back a smile before jumping up as well.

"Fine. You buy me ice cream and I'll consider forgiving you." Iwaizumi rolls his eyes and the two start down the sidewalk.

"Fine fine. Drama queen." He mutters the end but Oikawa hears it and gasps dramatically.

♥♥♥

Since its past midnight, there were only two other people at the ice cream shop Iwaizumi took them to. It was a cute little place, away from the city and all its chaos. It sat on the corner of a small neighborhood, near a park and lake.

"Hey, how come you never come late at night with your friends. The black-haired one and the silver-haired one."

"Oh Akaashi and Suga? Yeah, they live like 30 minutes away so..."

"Ahh I see." They both sat close together outside the ice cream shop, eating and chatting lightly about anything that came to mind. It was nice. Relaxing. Oikawa kept gazing at Iwaizumi as he spoke. He was definitely hot, but that's not the thing currently drawing Oikawa's eyes. "Oi! you listening." Oikawa snaps out of his mind, looking at an annoyed and possibly flustered Iwa.

"Huh, oh sorry. Spaced out a little." He says lightly, turning back to his ice cream.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" He plays the innocent card, looking at Iwaizumi curiously with a big smile.

"I dunno, like you're in love with me or something." Iwa glares at the boy, whose eyes widen in shock at the bold statement, cheeks warming up slightly. "And now your blushing. I was just kidding but could I have been right?" Iwaizumi teases and Oikawa pouts and turns away.

"Please, don't flatter yourself. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I would fall for a dickheaded hockey player like you." Iwaizumi chuckles.

"Well, then why are you looking at me like that." Oikawa sighs, face paling again as he looks back at the boy.