Chapter 29

~Suga~

Suga is outside, leaning forward against the railing, holding his phone so he can see Daichi, who appears to be chilling at his desk.

They'd been talking about Daichi's upcoming volleyball game for a good amount of time, Suga giving good advice and assuring Daichi that he will do great even if they heard their opponent is really strong.

"Seriously you'll do fine. You're a great captain and from the videos you've sent your team is really good. I have full faith you can win." Daichi laughs a little.

'Glad one of us has faith.' Suga rolls his eyes but keeps a warm smile. 'Anyway, thank you. Talking this out has been really helpful.'

"Anytime, I'm happy to help."

'Great, now that I've let you deflect, we're going back to the original topic.' Suga pouts.

"Boo, no fair."

'Aww come on. Although I think they aren't lying but to double-check, do you actually like someone?' Suga sighs, blushing a little as he thinks for a moment before an idea pops into his head.

"Alright, fine. Yes, I think I like someone but, if we are going to talk about this I refuse to be the only one." Daichi chuckles.

'Fair enough.'

"So, do you like anyone?"

'...Maybe...' Daichi blushes a little which makes Suga grin.

"Daichi..."

'Ok ok fine. Yes I like someone.' That makes Suga's heart jump a little. 'You said you think you like someone? Why aren't you sure?'

"I dunno. Part of it is probably just me not wanting to admit it to myself..."

'How come?' Suga bites his lip, hesitating but he knows he should be more open with Daichi. Wants to be more open.

"I'm scared." Daichi actually seems a tiny bit surprised by that response so Suga decides to elaborate. "I...I haven't really liked anyone like that in over two years and I'm really bad at that sort of thing. He's also a good friend...I-I don't want to lose him..." Suga's eyes widened for a moment, totally not meaning to say that last bit. Hopefully, Daichi doesn't really think about it.

'Well, although I don't know who it is, I don't think you would lose them.' Daichi gives him a soft and loving look which makes Suga's heart skip a beat.

"You...you don't know that for sure."

'You're right, but I know you and I don't see how they couldn't like you back.' Suga blushes madly as his eyes widen at Daichi's words. He bites his lip.

"Shut up..." Daichi chuckles. "What about you?"

'What about me?'

"Well, do you plan on asking your crush out?" Daichi hums.

'I'm...not sure.'

"How come?"

'Mmm, I'm scared.' Suga chuckles.

"Hypocrite."

'Hey, I never said you shouldn't be scared.'

"You kind of did." Daichi rolls his eyes.

'Only to the one part, the rest is valid.' Now Suga rolls his eyes, trying to bite back his grin.

"Why are you scared?" Daichi sighs, leaning back in his chair.