Explanations and introductions

Dean had seemingly come back from the dead and his family took their turns hugging the wayward Winchester, all of them having the same question... well, almost all of them. Tara had heard of Dean but Abraham and the other two had no idea who the hell he was or why he'd kissed June like her mouth held the key to the lost city of Atlantis.

"Someone wanna tell us who the hell this is?"

"This is Dean Winchester." Maggie smiled, seeing June happy for the first time in a long time was helping to mend her own heart. "He's family."

"Him and his little brother were with us outside Atlanta." Daryl explained. "Been there from the beginnin."

"Where is Sam?"

"Alexandria."

"So this place is for real?"

"Yeah, it's for real."

The group looked so relieved it caused Dean to take a real close look at his family. Rick, Michonne, and Glenn weren't back yet but the others... there was this overwhelming feeling of grief and fear hanging over them. For as happy as they were to see Dean, to hear Alexandria was legit, you didn't go through the things they had and come out unscathed. Everyone looked exhausted, hungry, dirty, and holding on to June he could feel how thin she was. It was worse than that winter she gave Lori her food.

"You guys mind if I steal June for a second?"

"Really Dean?"

"To talk! Jesus Daryl."

June shook her head at the two of them, having missed this more than she realized. "Come on, we can go in the RV."

"June."

"We'll be right back big brother."

The couple waited until it was clear enough to get to the RV before running for it, promising they'd be back in a couple minutes. The others had to be close by and Dean wanted to see everyone, except he was about to find out that not everyone made it. They were barely inside before the questions came pouring out, he wanted to know everything but there were things June wasn't ready to talk about.

"I never thought I'd see you again." She admitted. "You weren't with anyone from the prison and you weren't at Terminus... we thought-"

"What's Terminus?"

"Doesn't matter. Carol blew it up and then we ended up killing them all."

"June, that... that sounds like it matters. What do you mean you killed them? What the hell happened?"

"Dean... I... I'm not ready to talk about that just yet. All you need to know is they were bad people and we dealt with them."

"Alright but I'm here when you are ready."

"I know but there's something I gotta ask..."

"Whatever it is, I'll answer."

She was thankful to hear him say that, knowing he'd have every right to refuse to answer as she'd done. Dean had seen it in the faces of his family and in the eyes of June, whatever they'd been through had changed them forever, and he hoped by being open with her that she'd open up sooner rather than later.

"What the hell happened to you? Why are you in Virginia?"

"I swear, I will tell you everything but I need Sam to help explain some of this shit."

"Dean, I really need to know now... please."

He had more questions for her but he'd heard it, the tone that said she thought he'd abandoned her. It wasn't something he was willing to let run through her mind any longer and figured she could talk to his idiot brother once they got to Alexandria.