The Choice

June had been held tight while her brothers fought against one another, the Governor figuring he could pit her against whoever the winner was... a 2-for-1 special sort of thing. She thrashed against the man holding her, ignoring Andrea completely when her voice came over the crowd, and focusing solely on Daryl. Every hit Merle gave him, every kick just morphed him more into Will Dixon, and watching them fight broke off little chunks of her heart. When the bullets started flying, and she saw their people behind the triggers, she stomped on the man's foot and threw her elbow into his nose. There wasn't time to think, only react, and as soon as she was free she ran until she reached her brothers.

"Daryl?!"

"June... you ok?" she nodded quickly and he took her hand in his and started leading them away from this nightmare. "Merle, come on."

The Dixons made their way to their saviors and while Dean wanted to sweep her up into his arms and kiss her senseless, now was not the time. Not only were they still inside Woodbury but he didn't see Merle being a big fan of the gesture. It wasn't until they were out and back with the others that Merle's fate would be decided and he didn't miss how she didn't say two words to him, instead running over and checking on Glenn.

"June?!"

"Glenn, thank fuck... your poor face."

"I'll live... yours isn't looking much better"

"Eh, I've had worse."

"Glenn..."

"Rick?"

"Oh this is gonna be so bad."

There was no way anyone would want Merle with them, definitely not at the prison, and June couldn't tell in that moment if she felt the same or not. She was beyond pissed off at her brother and in this moment she didn't give two shits if he came with them or not, it was what Daryl would do that had her concerned.

Dean had lost his mind when it was discovered June and Daryl were left in Woodbury, the thought of her with that asshole made him snap at several people in the group, and now that she was safe he hadn't been able to take his eyes off her. She was fiddling with the dog-tags around her neck, the bruising on her face showed that she'd been worked over, and her thoughts were identical to his. If Rick said no to Merle, if Daryl left, would he lose her too?

"What's he doin here?"

"What do you think?"

"He beat the shit out of you!" Rick pointed out to his friend, noting the black eye Daryl was already sporting. "And June... you taken a good look at your sister?"

"Hey, we both took our licks and I didn't touch June."

"Jackass... don't matter that you didn't put hands on her, your buddy did... makes you guilty by association."

"Hey, shut up!"

"Enough!"

Rick was so far past the end of his rope that he had zero tolerance for anything Merle related. He saw the expression on June's face and had hope that at least one Dixon would back him up. Hell, the only reason Daryl was even thinking about letting him come was for the simple reason that they were brothers.

"Looks like you've gone native brother!"

"No more than you! Hanging out with that psycho back there!"

"Oh yeah man, he's a charmer. I got to tell you that!"

"A charmer? Are you fucking kidding me Merle? Did ya lose the last of your workin brain-cells the same time as your hand?"