The Impala

Authors Note: Writing smut is NOT my strong suit. I have nothing against it and some of my favorite fics are deliciously filthy, but this was very outside my comfort zone. I do plan on practicing so I can get better at it but this is really a first for me so I hope I did it justice.

*****

-Time Jump: May-

The prison had been like a beacon in the dark, a safe harbor and a moment to breathe. Even with the prisoners in cell block D and Hershel losing his leg, they still felt a sense of hope that they hadn't had in a long time. The one downside to it all was their leader and his wife still being at odds and the rest of them feeling stuck in the middle.

*

"June, I need you ta make a run."

"Pause!" Rick had tried to do the order and run thing but forgot who he'd just done it to. "What is it we need exactly?"

"Lori's due pretty soon..."

"I'm aware. Doesn't answer my question though."

"Stuff for the baby... and anything else ya find that we may need."

"Alright... am I goin alone?" it didn't sound right to her and she couldn't for the life of her figure out why Rick was acting so weird.

"No, course not. Ask around, see if anyone's got time."

"And if they don't?" he shrugged and she moved so she was standing directly in front of him, her hands resting on the top of his shoulders, pausing for a moment and looking a little intensely into his eyes. "You had another fight with Lori."

"How do you always know?!" he threw his hands up in the air and she took a step back with a sly smirk. Not amused about the fight but highly amused by his reaction. "Yeah... well, less of a fight and more of a 'we'd be divorced right now if the world hadn't ended.'"

"Oh Rick..."

Winter had been a nightmare for the group and not just because of the walkers or the weather. Rick and Lori had been silently, and sometimes not so silently, fighting since that first night after the farm fell. Everyone knew why but instead of saying anything, they'd simply taken it upon themselves to shield Carl from it as much as possible.

"It'll work itself out, we just ain't had the time ta do anything more than glare at one another."

"You mean, you haven't given her the opportunity ta apologize."

"You're on her side?!"

"Woah!" he'd popped off on her before, but this felt very out of left field and by the hand on her hip he knew she wasn't going to stand for it. "You better back that attitude on up Rick Grimes! Did I say I was on anyone's side?"

"No..."

"Exactly. I am on no one's side because this is a no win situation. Lori knows she fucked up and she feels awful about it but you ain't innocent Rick. I get bein pissed, I really do, but it's been almost 8 months of you givin her the cold shoulder. Ain't it time ta try ta mend things?"

"I will."

"When?"

"Go on this run and I'll start right now."

"Fine but ya know she'll tell me if ya don't."

"I'm aware." Rick gave her a big hug and the two went their separate ways, both on the lookout for the one's they loved most.

*

"Dean!"

"Hel-lo gorgeous." He smiled, sweeping her off her feet with a kiss. "What can I do for you today?"