Favorites and Firsts

The Winchesters and Dixons got back to the farm an hour before sunset and were met with a very irritated Rick Grimes. The others had told him about Sam carting June off that morning and that it was the last they'd seen of them. Lori tried assuring her husband that they were fine and not to worry, especially since they'd told Dale their plans, but at this point worrying was a part of his personality. Dean put the Impala in park and let out a low whistle when he saw Rick standing there with his hand on his hip and that familiar look of frustration in his eyes.

"Dude, Rick looks pissed."

"Let him be. We didn't take nothin from camp that didn't belong ta us and there wasn't nothin ta do today anyway."

"How'd-ya know that?"

"I asked around fore we left, Dale said the others could handle it."

"Shit, he's coming over..." Dean rolled down his window and gave his most charming smile, having way too much fun with this situation. "Evenin officer, what seems to be the problem?"

"Cute Dean. Get outta the car."

"Déjà vu, aye Sammy?"

Sam rolled his eyes at his brother as they all exited the Impala, not sure if they were about to get a lecture from Rick or if he'd let this slide. Everyone was hoping for the latter because after being on bed rest for a couple of days Daryl was in a feisty mood and June would 100% back him up.

"The hell were you guys?"

"Bar"

"You kiddin me? You left the farm unprotected to go drinkin?"

"Oh, I'm sorry dad. Did we disappoint you?"

"June..." he sounded so exasperated that she couldn't stop the small giggle that left her, breaking the tension and causing all the men to crack a smile. "What am I gonna do with you?"

"Be glad I'm your friend and not your daughter."

"Fair enough... ya bring anything back?"

"Askin ta share our booze officer?"

"Maybe."

"Come on then."

Considering this could've escalated into something way worse, the guys figured sharing a bottle with Rick was an ok price to pay. Not to mention they would still have 4 bottles leftover after going through the one and June wasn't about to let everyone know about the spoils they brought back. She would never withhold food, water, medicine, or anything else that was truly important to the group but she figured the alcohol could be squirreled away for a rainy day. Everyone had questions for them when they sat around the fire, wanting to know where they went, what they did, if they ran into any trouble but all of them stopped when Dean sat next to June, pressed a kiss to the side of her head and wrapped his arm around her middle.

"Feelin brave tonight Winchester?"

"What?"

T-Dog pointed out how close they were sitting and Dean just shrugged. He wasn't sure how much June wanted to tell the group and since they were friends first and foremost he didn't feel the need to explain himself. Of course Glenn knew Dean's feelings went deeper than mere friendship and was the first to put the puzzle together. No way would June or Daryl let Dean get THAT comfortable if there wasn't more to all this.

"Wait a minute... are you two..."

"Are we what Glenn?"

"Together?"

"Why, ya hopin for another girlfriend?"

"What? No! No that's not..."

"She's screwin with ya kid. They know what your askin." Daryl smirked as he put a bite of potatoes in his mouth. He was so nonplussed about it that everyone, June included, looked at him in bewilderment. "What?"