8

"Let her sleep, Carl" Daryl whispered, "why" carl argued and I pretended to sleep so I can stay on Daryl's chest longer and it's paying off "she need sleep, baby's drain your energy" I'm assuming Carl crossed his arms, and has a grumpy look on his face like he always did when he was annoyed. "Go find ya dad"

"your my dad too" I felt Daryl tense, it was hard to hold in my smile, "I-well ...ah go find Rick'' aww I bet he's blushing "he's with Shane'' Carl sounded a little disappointed "come join us" I said sleepily with a yawn, he crawled into the bed and snuggles up on the other side of Daryl I pulled him into a hug. "This is nice'' Daryl grunted, he'll warm up to it soon

3rd person

Rick needed to handle the Randell situation, keeping him in the barn is not a good idea, his group could come looking for him any day now, he needed answers and needed them now. Daryl was nowhere to be seen and it was already noon.

"Have you seen Daryl? '' Herschel was sitting at the dining table reading the bible "last I saw him was last night. '' He gave the man a curt nod and went on his way. He did not expect to find Daryl in the middle of a cuddle sandwich but he was, both Carl and y/n were fast asleep on his chest snoring away he grabbed the polaroid camera off Maggie's dresser, she had one film left and rick made a mental note to look for another poach next time they went out to make up for using the last one on her, the snapped the shot of his family sleeping in the cuddle sandwich "Daryl'' Rick whispered shaking his foot. He didn't budge "Daryl!" he said a little louder and ended up waking y/n which wasn't what he wanted to do.

y/n pov

"Rick? What's wrong? I yawned and rubbed my eyes, "sorry, I was trying to wake Daryl'' I hummed "anything I can help with?" He thought for a moment "I'm trying to get information out of Randell'' I pulled away from Daryl and got out of bed pulling on my army greens, gotta look more intimidating, " I'll help'' Rick tried to stop me but I wouldn't let him. "Rick no more than 20 minutes and I'll have everything you need" he looked unsure but I was going to do it if he liked it or not, "this for the kid?" I asked Maggie, and she handed me a plate with little food on it "yeah".

"Hello Randell '' he sat up, startled by my voice. Uncuffing him I set the food in front of him and sat on the other side of the barn sharpening some small pieces of wood I found on the ground. Once he was finished I cuffed his hands sitting him in the middle of the barn on an old stool that looked like it was going to fall apart, but that thing was probably older than me and it was probably going to be the last thing standing long after we leave this place.

"what's that?" he sounded scared good I might not have to use them " this-" I healed up ten small splinters of wood "is bamboo torture, it's not bamboo but it will do just as well" I waited for him to nod before continuing, he was already sweating that was good "I'm going to ask a question if I think you're lying to me I'm going to put one of these in between your fingernail and skin, it's quite painful" I was bent down to be eye level with him "speaking from experience" I smiled

"Shall we start?"

3rd pov

Daryl was finally up and decided to go hunting, Rick paced outside the barn trying to listen to anything, it's been five minutes and he hasn't heard anything, nothing, not even a scream — Scratch that, that was a loud one, what is she doing in there he thought, it was making him nervous. he didn't like her being in there by herself, especially not while pregnant "she'll be fine" Dale tried to comfort Rick "I know, it just" he started but ended with a long sigh, it would help if Daryl was here.