Playing Chess (One-shot)

When Kwazii and Peso get taught the basics of Chess by Natquik and Inkling :)

I played chess when I was in primary school so I thought this would be cute to write ;)

Inkling: Well Natquik, 'tis a life or death situation! The outcomes will not only define the future and all that it follows, but it will establish where we both stand on the animal hierarchy >:)

Natquik: Indeed. I bid you both good morrow and luck, professor.

*shakes his tentacle*

Inkling: Likewise, professor.

Natquik: Your first move will determine EVERYTHING.

*Inkling picks up a pawn and moves it two spaces forward on the chess board*

Natquik: *strokes chin* Ah yes, yes. The obvious opening sequence. *moves his knight*

Inkling: *pompous chuckling* You think you're so smart, fox. Your confidence will lead you astray *moves bishop*

Natquik: Likewise, Inkling, Likewise.

Later

*Kwazii and Peso pop up from the octo-chute*

Kwazii: Greetings, creatures of old age! The Captain told us to make you some peppermint tea.

Peso: We ran out of brown sugar so we used honey instead!

Kwazii: What? I thought we used brown sugar because there was no honey??

Peso: No? We had no brown sugar. Besides, who puts honey in their tea as a norm?

Kwazii: I don't know?! I don't drink tea to begin with!

Natquik and Inkling: SHHHH!!!

Kwazii and Peso: . . . .

Kwazii: What are you doing?

Inkling: Oh, just a harmless little game of chess . . . .

Peso: *sits on the floor with his mug of tea* Ooh! Who's winning?

Natquik: *groans* Inkling so far.

Inkling: As expected. After all, I was dubbed 'The King of Chess' back in grade school >:)

Natquik: Well Mr 'King of Chess'

Natquik: It's your turn!! -_-

Inkling: It is?

Natquik: YES! I MOVED MY KNIGHT!

Peso: Hmm, I've played checkers quite a bit when I was little but I've never played chess before?

Peso: How do you play?

Inkling: Well you see, to play chess, you need exactly two players.

Natquik: One player will use the white pieces and the other will play with the black pieces-

Kwazii: *yawns dramatically*

Kwazii: You and your old people games . . . . I don't see what you find so AMUSING about this.

Inkling: I don't see what you find so amusing about your quote, un-quote 'manga' and pirate comics, yet we don't question you now do we??

Kwazii: Oi! Don't talk about my comics that way! They're actually really good! *folds arms*