Chapter Forty-three

Christen

When Marked walked into his room he could feel his joy radiating off of him. Christen was leaned back in his lounge chair sipping a glass of reheated blood. Taking in his friend's happiness he sat up straight. 

"Whats up with you?" Christen asked suspiously.

Mark flashed him a smile and flopped into a chair next to him. "I did it," he said, "I asked her out and she said yes." Christen almost spit out the blood he was drinking in shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard.  

"Are you serious?" 

Marked smiled again and Christen leaned back once more. Mark never smiled this much so it must be true.  

"Wow," he said, "congradulations." Christen had to fight back the bitterness he felt.   

Mark put his hands at the back of his head, "I have it all planned out too. I'm going to make it up to her Chris, I'm not going to screw it up this time. I would do anything to make her mine." Christen had no doubt that he would. 

He shouldn't of been surprised Mark finally took action. He shouldn't of even been surprised to hear that she had said yes, they were mates after all. He hated it but he secretly hopped Mark would indeed mess up again or that the date would go bad. Mark was his bestfriend but he already hurt Max once. Christen would never hurt her.  

Throughout the study session with Mark, Christen held on to what Luna had told him. Max and him were going to live together and be happy, she had made no mention of Mark being apart of the picture. Christen resolved not to mess with their budding relationship because he knew in the long run Max would be his. For now he would lean back and enjoy the ride no matter how bumpy things got. No matter what he would always be there for her. 

When the study session was over Chris was glad to see Mark leave. He never felt so resentful of Mark, never imagined he would ever feel this way towards his bestfriend. Yet it was there sneaking up on him. He pushed those feeling down inside him but he couldn't deny that they were there. Luna's vision helped settle them a bit but that didn't mean he could take Mark talking about all his plans on how he was going to win over the girl he cared for. By the end of it he could feel his fangs start to extend, he was thankful Mark hadn't noticed.

When he was sure Mark had made it back to his own room he pulled on his leather jacket and headed out. He needed release he knew exactly where to go to get it.

He made his way down the girl's dorm room until he came to a room a little before Max's. He knocked a bit too loudly and leaned against the frame.

After a moment the door opened. Alexis stood before him in a silk nigt gown that barely covered anything. He fought for control of his fangs and he knew his eyes were now an ice blue. She gave him a knowing smile and opened the door wider inviting him in. He pushed past her. He knew he was making a mistake but he couldn't help himself.

He pulled Alexis against him and the next thing he knew he was pinning her against her bed. He hated how delighted she looked but she was smart enough not to say a word when he was like this. He kissed her hard, crushing her lips against his enough to bruise her.

He could hear her heart beat quickly with excitment. He pulled back a bit from her, his fangs now fully extended. She moved her head sso her neck was fully exposed. Urging him on he pressed his body against her and let his instincts take over. He smelled her neck and almost moaned with his desire. She smelled so good. His mind wandered for a moment, wondering how good Max would taste.

Sensing his desire for Max Alexis stiffened. Christen gripped her harder and before she could pull back he sunk his fangs into and drank.