Chapter Thirty-six

Christen

Mark rushed past them, his vampire speed kicking in. Christen cast a murderous glare to Eric. There were traces of Max's blood still on him, glimmering here and there in the moon light. The sight of Max burned into his mind. She had been too pale, covered in her own blood, and a neck wound that looked almost too deep to heal. Eric had meant to kill her, by letting her go he intended for her to have a slow death. 

"Christen can't say i'm surprised to see you here, you always were the hero type. The weres though that is surprising," Eric mused. The weres growled beside Christen, he himself found it hard not to do the same. Christen's hands clenched into fists, he didn't care that he could get into trouble with the Vampire Court he was going to kill Eric for what he did to Max.

"I'm going to kill you," he growled, "I will rip you to shreds, slowly but painfully for what you did to her." The wolve's snarled in agreement.  He motioned for them to stay back as he inched closer to Eric. Eric smiled in amusement.

"All that for one girl?" Eric chuckled, "oh no Chris don't tell me your in love with her?" Christen's step faltered and Eric laughed in delight. "Now thats rich, falling in love with your bestfriend's mate," he shook his head, "Does Mark know?" Christen growled his answer, "no I don't suppose he does."

Christen pounced on Eric catching him by surprise. They knocked to the ground, Eric's head hitting the ground with a hard smack. Eric's eyes darkened in anger. He moved his head just in time to dodge Christen's fists. The punch landed on the ground besides Eric, breaking some of it to pieces. Eric shoved Christen off of him and bolted up. The weres went crazy. They snapped their teeth at him, lounging whenever they saw a clear shot. One wolve's teeth caught ahold of Eric's leg and clamped down tight. He let out a howl of pain. Christen slowly got up and smiled menacingly as he made his way over to the guy he now hated most in the world. When he was close enough Eric swung and hit Christen in the eye. He touched it and started chuckled evilly. Eric started to take another step back but Christen caught hold his throat quick and squeezed tight. 

The were who had ahold of Eric's leg let go, his muzzle dripping with blood. Eric struggled beneath Christen's grip making him smile darkly. He leaned in close and whispered in Eric's ear, "You ready to pay for what you did you bastard?" Eric started to struggle more, kicking the weres close to him hard. Chris ignored that and lowered his fangs ready to rip out his throat. Eric swung his legs out and kicked Christen hard in the knee while at the same time biting down on Christen's exposed wrist. He released his hold on Eric has pain shot through him. The wolves were now going mad as Eric shot past. Christen rushed back onto his feet and they were hot on his heels. Just as they were gaining on him the bastard jumped off the bridge and ran into the night. The wolve's took the long way around but even has Christen jumped off the bridge like Eric had down he already knew it was too late. They had lost him.

                                                                                      ~  

Mark

Mark burst through the doorway, causing a surprised gasp to escape from Charity.

"Get warm water and towels now," he ordered. No questions asked Charity rushed towards the bathroom. Mark heard the sound of rushing water as he laid Max on her bed.  

Charity emerged from the bathroom within minutes with a bowl of warm water and a towel. Her hands shook slightly as she saw the deep gash on Max's neck but carefully started cleaning the wound. Mark held Max's hand as she floated in and out of consiousness. She winced here and there whenever Charity hit a tender spot. His worry grew as Max became paler. Before he could ask Charity what he could do to help Christen and the others burst into the room. They were overflowing with anger. The weres were back in their human forms but traces of the wolf could still be seen. Their eyes were still those of a wolf and they shined with unreleased rage.   

"We lost him," Christen hissed, "we had him surrounded on the bridge. Who knew the fucker would jump off. We searched all over the grounds for him but he's no where to be found."  

"Don't worry about him right now. Max is here thats all that matters," Mark said, worry coating his voice. Christen looked at Max laying still on the bed and his face softend. He walked over to where Mark was sitting and placed a hand on his shoulder.   

"Is she going to be alright?" he asked softly.

"She's fading fast," Charity answered. She placed a new bowl of water on the book shelf beside her.

"We need to get the nurse," Tristan suggested. Agreements filled the room but Charity shook her head.

"We don't have time for that," she argued. All at once a roar of suggestions filled the room. Each person talking over each other. It made it impossible to understand anything they were saying. 

Others were yelling trying to get things under control. That did nothing but create more chaos. Just when things seemed to take a turn for the worst Christan interupted. His smooth voice silenced everyone, "She needs blood, vampire blood." He raised his wrist to his mouth when once again Charity interupted.   

"Are you crazy? she's half vampire we don't know what that would do to her! For all we know it could turn her," she argued.  

"Then what do you want us to do Charity? Turning her is better then letting her die!" anger filled Chris's voice once more. In normal circumstances just that would of frightened Charity senseless. Now she stood there hands on her hips glaring at Chris with no hint of fear. As they began arguing back and fourth an idea hit Mark. 

"I'll do it," he announced. The room fell silent once again. Mark looked towards Charity waiting to see if she would argue but to his relief she said nothing.  

"What?" Christen demanded. Mark moved his gaze over to his friend and said, "I'll do it. I'm half vampire like Max so my blood won't be as strong as yours." Christen ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

Turning his attention back to Charity he asked,"Will it work?" Charity nodded slowly.

"I believe so," she answered.

Christen glanced at Max then at him, it looked as if he was in pain as he said, "do it." Thats all Mark needed to hear. He brought his wrist to his mouth. He felt his hidden fangs extend and bit down. 

                                                                                                     ~

Max

A sweet warm liquid filled my mouth, and burned its way down my throat. A soft voice echoed inside my head, "Come on Max drink." The voice sounded familar but my head was too fuzzy to recongize who it belonged to. It urged me to drink again and this time I felt myself begin to suck more of the sweet liquid down. I don't know how long I drank but the more I did the more stronger I felt myself becoming. All too soon it was pulled away from me and once again I fell into a dark dreamless sleep.

                                                                                                       ~

Mark

Once Max seemed to have enough he took his wrist away from her mouth. A soft moan of protest escaped from Max causing a ghost of a smile to play across his lips. It seemed to be working. Already color was returning back to Max's features, and the wound was healing rapidly. 

Seeing that she was going to be okay Wyatt and the members of his pack began to leave. It took Christen longer to convince but eventually he too left. With everyone gone Charity made Mark stand in the bathroom as she got Max out of her blood soaked dress. Then into some clean pajamas. After that Mark made it clear he wasn't leaving Max's side tonight.  

Later on they both went to bed. Charity snored softly as he crawled in beside Max pulling her close against him. He would make sure to never leav her again. Soon he fell asleep easily to the sound of her soft breathing which grew stronger every minuet until it was back to normal.   

***********************************
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and leave comments telling me what you think!