Chapter Thirty-eight

Raven

"Everyone around here drools over her! She even has Mark and Christan wrapped around her finger," Alexis complained. "She's not even that pretty!"

Raven half listened to Alexis's jealous rant as she graded last weeks papers. Alexis had been going off for almost an hour now and Raven's patience for the girl was wearing thin. 

"You know how to fix this problem Alexis," she said boredom seeping into her voice ,without looking up from her papers. Alexis stared at her mentor with wide eyes.  

"I can't use my gift! Max Lennon isn't worth me getting expelled!" Alexis continued on in her rant. At the mention of that name Raven stopped her work instantly and moved her fierce gaze onto the girl before her.

"What did you say?" She asked, cutting off Alexis. The girl finally noticed the darkness growing in Raven's eyes making her stop cold in her tracks.

"She was attacked by Eric? L-Last night. Everyones been talking about it," Alexis said meekly, "so the guys are being over protective with her."   

"No her name. What is her name?" Raven asked through gritted teeth.  

"M-Max Lennon," Alexis trembled.  

It couldn't be, Raven thought, could it?  

"When did she get here?" She asked walking around her desk. She stood in front of Alexis and the girl trembled at her nearness, delighting Raven.  

"A few weeks ago," the girl answered. Raven's mind was reeling as she absent mindly dismissed Alexis, "leave me now Alexis." Without another word Alexis left eagerly.  

Raven paced in front of her desk. It's not possible, she thought, it had to be a mistake. Already a plan formed in her mind and she was ready to put it to use.