8 - birthday of Caroline

Start from the beginning

"There it is!" Elena exclaimed looking at them happily. Elena was proud of her idea even if it was little different than they were used to.

"This is creepy, even for us." Bonnie said what everyone was thinking. They had spent enough time at the cemeteries and never it was a happy occasion.

"No, Caroline was right.." Elena said convincingly. "Technically, she's dead. Sorry. But you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral. You need to say goodbye to your old life, so that you can move on with your new one."

Somehow it made sense, even if it was the last place she wanted to spend a happy day that it was supposed to be.

Caroline smiled liking Elena's idea. "Okay. Here lies Caroline Forbes—" Caroline started to say.

Elena was putting candles on top of a birthday cake. "Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion—" Elena continued and initiated everyone to do it too.

"Friend, daughter, overachiever—" Bonnie smiled teasingly as she looked at the birthday day girl.

"The bestest best friend anyone could ask for." Leia added making Caroline smile at her in return.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense." Matt continued with a smile.

"Ah, none taken." Caroline shook her head chuckling. She knew how she was sometimes around different people.

"She was 17, and she had a really good life. So rest in peace, so that she can move forward."
Elena walked up to Caroline, holding the cake in front of her.

"That's what you really need. What we all really need. Amen, or cheers or whatever. Bonnie?" Elena looked at Bonnie. Bonnie took it as a sign and lighted the candles with her powers.

"Nice! Okay, make a wish."

Elena held the cake out to Caroline, who closed her eyes and made a wish.

Leia took the moment to look at her friends. She couldn't ask for better ones. Caroline deserved everything good that life would give her as well as everyone in this room. Everyone in there had their struggles, but these moments made it all worth it.

All of them were eating the cake that Elena has prepared beforehand. Matt took the bottle of tequila from Bonnie, but Elena snatched it from his hand and drunk it herself.

"Ah-ah. I need it more than you do, trust me. Caroline, what are you doing?" Elena asked as she saw that Caroline was texting on her phone. Leia had a sense that she knew who Caroline was texting.

"What? Nothing." Caroline immediately stopped texting, and held her hands down in front of her, trying to hide the phone in them.

"Okay, you're a bad sober liar. You're an even worse drunk liar. You could never lie, so don't start now." Leia told her honestly.

"I might have texted Tyler." Caroline said hesitantly looking down. Leia was honestly felt bad that Caroline felt that she had to be ashamed of it or even hide it. They were her friends she supposed to tell them everything and not think if she would be judged.

Even if Tyler was sired to Klaus if Caroline was happy and he wouldn't hurt her that Leia was fine with it, especially if Caroline was happy.

"Caroline—" Elena trailed off and as her sister Leia could hear that she had her judgement in her voice.

"What? I'm delicate." Caroline defended herself.

"Give her a break! You can't control what everyone does all the time." Bonnie snapped, in result making a awkward silence.