chapter 34

Astrea's pov

It feels like deja vu as I woke up after being kidnapped for the second time in my twenty years of life. It took me a few minutes to adjust to the darkness when I opened my eyes. My body aches just like before. My head hurts and I feel dizzy. everything is similar to when I was first kidnapped.

"Pssttt Astrea are you awake?" I heard the low voice of Mila from behind me. What's different is that this time I am not alone. Mila's chair is placed in such a way that our chairs face opposite directions but both our bodies are tied with the same rope. Unfortunately, it's bound too tight to slip out of. I am facing towards the metal door while she is facing at the back.

"Yeah" I answered her trying to wiggle out of the ropes failing miserably as my injuries burned with pain. "How are we gonna get out of here? I have a tracker but it may take them some time to get here" I say, a shiver running down my body thinking of the possibilities of what all could happen in a few hours

"They took my weapons" she hissed keeping her voice down as to not alert them. My eyes scanned the room for any potential thing that we can use to free ourselves only to come up with nothing useful. There is a table at the end of the room that had several weapons on it but they are too far away to reach considering our legs are also tied. I wonder what they are for?

I looked at my palm when I felt something sticky on it only to notice that the fuckers didn't even bothered to remove the glass. Suddenly, A light bulb goes off in my brain.

"Mila can you reach my hand" I whispered to her
"I think so. Why?" She asked
"There is a glass piece in my palm. We can use it to cut the ropes" I replied opening my palm for her.
"Okay," she said as she tried to pluck it out of my hand. I barely contained my scream as fresh blood gushed out of the wound dripping down the floor.

With great difficulty due to our lack of mobility, she slowly cuts the rope tied across our stomachs before starting on the one bounding her ankles only to stop when the metal door opened making us freeze. I quickly grabbed the rope to hold it discreetly knowing we still can't move.

"Well well well look what we got here" came a satanic voice reeking with arrogance. Looking upward I briefly remembered the man who I kicked in the nuts before I was kidnapped. "You are all tied up now. Where did that fierceness go" he taunted me feigning an innocent expression.

He casually strolled toward the table with the torture tools before picking up a hammer and I felt terrified as he gets closer to me before stopping in front of me.

"You had the guts to knee me bitch" he said with a sneer as he placed the hammer right in front of my right knee before hitting my knee cap with all the strength he had and a crack sound resonates through the room as the hammer hit my knee cap. I screamed from the excruciating pain I felt and my eyes burned with tears causing satisfaction to shine in the eyes of the man in front of me.

"You fucker" Mila yelled from the back. Her voice dripping with danger
"No need to be angry. It was just a payback" he smirked "don will be here to deal with you both" he said as he left.

"Are you okay?" She asked as I started to feel lightheaded from everything. Taking a deep breath and containing my tears
"Yeah but I think he broke my knee" I answered
"Fuck" she cursed resuming to cutting her rope before cutting mine.

"Will you be able to walk?" She asked as she freed us from the ropes. I slowly tried to get up only to fall as my knee started hurting violently.
"I don't think so. Leave me here and go" I said shaking my head as I tried to get up again failing.
"Are you stupid? I am not leaving you alone" she exclaimed trying to help me get up.

The sound of the metal door opening again made us both look up. My eyes scanned the face of the person who just entered and my breathing stopped as I recognized the face. In came the monster that had been plaguing my nightmares for the past two weeks along with his second in command who had his photo on Nico's board too.

"Ah, princess. Already on your knees for me" his smooth voice came as he looked down at me just as two of his guards came forward struggling to get a hold of Mila. I felt anger as I stared at the man who took everything from me. The same man who single-handedly destroyed my life. Stupidly enough, I spitted at his boots not bowing my head.

"You have grown some wings huh" he sneered, smacking my face with the back of his hand before taking out a pocket knife and slashing it across my cheek "I will cut them off before you can fly" he continued gripping my head and lifting me before pushing me back. I let out a cry as my knee touched the ground.

"You can try" my hoarse voice came as I refused to look anywhere but at his eye Knowing monsters like him feed on weakness.

He kicked my stomach as I winced and Mila screamed profanities from behind me making the guards hit her.

"Don they are here" a man said entering the room breathing frantically. Fear evident in his face and I just smiled knowing their end is near.
"How did they find us this soon?" Louis yelled kicking me again when he noticed my smile

"Stay away from her" a deadly voice interrupted him. the door opened revealing the beautiful man who stole my heart with a gun drawn. His soft gaze met mine raking my figure before they hardened when they went to Louis.

"You. Are. Dead"