chapter 30

Flashback
(Astrea-8years old
Nico-10 year old"

"Papa! I am getting married today will you give me away?" Little Astrea asked running inside her father's office.
"Princess, didn't I tell you that you can't marry?" Ajax said staring at her daughter with amusement

"Can't we make an exception for my groom?" she said with her irresistible puppy dog eyes that can melt anyone's heart in this world
"It depends on who is your groom" Ajax declared already knowing who had stolen his daughter's little heart

"Nikolai. Who else will I marry" Astrea said sassily with her hands on her hips. Eight years old but she already had such a fierce attitude
"Alright we will make a compromise for him just because he loves you" Ajax relented after pretending to think for a moment

Overjoyed Astrea ran out of her father's office after giving him a hug and went towards the kitchen where she knew she will find her mother.

"Mama I am getting married. Can you get me ready" Astrea excitedly asked her mother who was making cookies
"My baby is getting so big Already getting married." Maia said smiling at her daughter "of course I will make you look like a princess. " Maia said kissing her daughter's head before she ran away again, this time searching for her big brothers who she found in the living room.

"Ares you are gonna be my maid of honour and apollo you are gonna be the groomsmen at my wedding with Nico today" Astrea commanded
"Who said you are marrying him?" Apollo asked with a frown marring his face

"I did" Astrea said stomping her foot "and you are not gonna stop me. Or I won't talk to you both forever" she let out when she saw her brothers about to argue.

Finally, she went to the guest room where Nico and his father were staying.
"Uncle Vladimir. Can I ask for your son's hand in marriage?" She asked without glancing at Nico who was staring in disbelief at his angel from the corner of the room "of course little one. You can keep him." Vladimir Dimitriev said with amusement in his voice not objecting to the childish act. his heart melting for the couple who found love so young.

"Can you be the priest?" she asked innocently and Vladimir nodded softly
"Wait you didn't ask me," Nico asked with a frown on his face
"Are you gonna say no?" Astrea asked turning towards him with a pout on her lips

"Of course not angel" Nico rushed out seeing her upset face
"Great. Be there in the backyard in one hour" she said before skipping towards the door, leaving behind a smiling Nico and his amused father.

1 hour later she is walking toward her groom in a beautiful white dress with her hand in her father's.
"Take care of her little shit" ajax whispered in Nico's ear so that no one else hears before handing him his daughter.

"Of course father in law. She is my wife now"  Nico retorted with a lop sided grin on his face as he took her hand in his delicately. He always find a twisted pleasure in messing with him over his daughter.

"You look pretty" Nico whispered in her ear causing her cheeks to redden adorably

"Today we are gathered here to witness this holy matrimony" Vladimir started and that's how the whole 'ceremony' went. With both of them exchanging I love yous as vows, marking each other's fingers with the sharpie for rings and ending it with a little peck which both her brothers grumbled about but it's safe to say that even their overprotective hearts weren't immune to the cuteness of this couple. The fake wedding left smiles on all their faces and assurance for the future ahead in their minds.

.....

Astrea:11 years old
Trigger warning:rape ⚠⚠

I can feel his hands on my body and his breath on my naked chest as he touches me. I just want it to stop. I want everything to stop. I want them to come and save me but they didn't came.

My lower region hurts so much from him touching me there and doing so much more. Tears escaped my eyes like a river.

"Stop. Please stop" I shouted for the hundredth time and like all the other times he didn't. I struggled against him despite the pain rushing through my body because of the previous day's beatings but he didn't stop. He didn't stop until I felt stickiness there and saw the satisfaction on his sinister face. My hands itching to claw his eyes but my body is weak and tired.

"I like it so much when you struggle" he said with a smirk on his face that makes fear course through my whole body. "I will be back tomorrow whore" he said before leaving me alone with the darkness as my only friend

Alone with bruises and cuts and bleeding from everywhere. My soul felt broken and devasted and everything hurts.

"Please save me" I said in the air hoping the air would convey my message to them just as several sobs raked through my body.

....

Astrea-13 year old

"Kill her" Louis shouted at me, smacking me when I shook my head

"Kill her and I will set you free" my ears perked up at that. It sounds too tempting but I can't bring myself to shoot the lady.
"No," I said terrified even though I knew that word didn't mean much here

"Do you know who she is?" He asked before continuing not waiting for my answer
"She is Nikolai's mother. She hurt him and she abandoned him" Louis said with fake sympathy in his voice.
Anger rose in my blood and my grip on the weapon in my hand tightened. Nico told me how his mother left him and how she abused him.

I can't kill her. I can't kill her. I will not kill her.

"Is her life worth more than your freedom? She beat your little boyfriend. Hurt him till he bled" Louis continued and I just stayed still. She isn't worth more than my freedom but it isn't my decision.
What will Nick think if I kill his mother?

"Kill her or I will anyway and you will face the consequences too," he said.

I looked at the women in front of me. Her hair is the same colour as Nikolai's and her tan skin resembles his. Her eyes are filled with fear.
"Kill her or I will leave you alone with ten men" he shouted.

I closed my eyes and scrunched them together before pressing the trigger. I pressed the trigger because he will kill her anyway and I am worth way more than her. Guilt seeps through my mind when I registered what I just did

I killed someone.
I killed Nico's mother.
What have I done?

"Such a good girl. Just so you know, I lied" Louis said with a sneer marrying his ugly face. I felt Anger so raw that I raised the gun before shooting straight at him. The bullet pierced the side of his neck and a cry tore through the surroundings.

I felt satisfaction, hurting the monster that is the root of all my problems and regret that it only grazed him not deep enough to kill. Before I could raise the gun and hurt him again two of his men grabbed me.

Several hours later I am laying half dead on the cold floor in a pool of my own blood. My head hurts from where it was hit by a rod. My ankles hurting from where his men broke them. My back burning from the whipping. Each bone in my body aching.

"She will die boss" I heard someone telling Louis
"She is of no use to us now. Too broken" Louis announced "leave her. Let her find her happiness with them before I tore it away from all of them again" that was the last thing I heard before another hit to my head made black cover my vision