chapter 32

Nikolai's pov

My fingers thread through her hair as she sleeps with her head on my bare chest . She looks precious with her mouth parted and a small smile on her face. Her soft snores filling the room.

It had been a long week for her since her memory returned. She flinches when any man except me or her family touches her. She has frequent panic attacks and nightmares. She is always on guard. It's like her radiance is stolen.

It's hard to listen to her talk about her time there but I bear with it because I know talking about it makes her feel better I usually channel my anger for later when I torture the culprits.

I ran my finger through the small scar on her arm where her tattoo used to be but now a tracker is placed just for safety if something happened. The placement is carefully chosen by her.
Whenever I look at it then I will feel assured that you will know where I am rather than fear she told me when I asked the reason.

My phone rings and I quickly pick it up so her sleep isn't disturbed. She woke up in the middle of the night yesterday from a nightmare and spend her night crying in my arms so she needs some rest.

"Yes?" I questioned
"Boss someone attacked one of our warehouses." I heard Ronan's voice from the other side and a frustrated sigh leaves my lips
"Give me an hour" I said hanging up

Prying her away from me gently, I got ready to go. Leaving a note beside her, I kissed her forehead before I am out of the house . I don't want to leave her especially since she is having a hard time but it is important.

Reaching the warehouse, I enter my office to see mila and Ronan there "Mila. I want you to go to my apartment and keep Astrea company," I said handing her a key to my house. Mila and Astrea had formed a friendship in a few days and I am glad she had someone loyal to talk to
"Of course," she said nodding and leaving

"Were there any casualties?" I asked Ronan
"No. Our men manage to leave before the warehouse exploded" he answered

"Did they steal something?" I asked
"Surprisingly no. They just somehow exploded the whole place" he said and I furrowed my brows in confusion

"Show me the footage"
I spend the next hour watching the footage and trying to understand who did it and why.
Just like I suspected, the french were behind it.

But something is not right here. If they managed to get access to our warehouse then it would have been better for them to steal the ammunition rather than destroy them. With our alliance broken, they are now probably short on it especially considering the looming war.

Unless...
"Fuck. It's a distraction" I cursed causing Ronan's eye to widen.

I quickly called Astrea only for the call to go to voicemail. "Mila's phone is out of reach as well," Ronan said concerned for his sister. I called one of the guards that guards my house

"Where are they?" I asked as soon as he picked up
"Miss andino and Mila went to get breakfast and Ivan and Andrew went with them for security" he said making me curse

"Call Pavel now" I ordered and a few minutes later Pavel is in front of us groggy from just being woken up from his sleep.

"Track Astrea's tracker" I rushed out. My brain is fuzzy with concern.
"It will take at least a few hours to connect with her tracker boss. Is she ok?" He asked squinting his eyes

"No. track the car then and get started on her tracker as well. I want her location as quick as possible " I said quickly trying to connect with Ivan and Andrew. Fucking switched off.
My mind is in overdrive and my heartbeat is fast.

Please be safe.

"Your cars location is fifteen minutes away from your house" he said giving me the exact location and I quickly drove to the location with Ronan in tow equally worried for his sister.

the place is barricaded with police. quickly running through them they didn't stop me from going there since they recognized me. My throat clogged and my heart dropped when I took in the scene. There are two of my cars completely wretched.

I watch the ambulance carrying four body bags and with shaky hands I expose one of them, sighing in relief when its a french instead. Unveiling the other three, they are Ivan's , Andrew's and another french body.

I checked one of the car. Blood is splattered on the glass but there is no sign of Mila and Astrea. I fell to my knees in front of it, my hands going to my face before I quickly collected myself after a few minutes.

"Barricade the whole city. I want every single car checked and the whole police force on high alert" I ordered Ronan who is standing beside me "call the Andino's and it would be great if you could find a fucking footage of what happened here" I turned towards one of my men that followed us

"Get hold of Ivan's and Andrew's body and make sure they get a proper funeral and their deaths should be honored. They died for their future queen" I said them before going towards my car and leaving

I will come for you this time my love.