chapter 28

Astrea's pov

The bell ringing made us pull out of the make-out session which included lots of kisses, lots of touching and a hickey on my neck matching the one I drunkenly gave Nico before.

Both of our cheeks are flushed and our breaths ragged as I got up from his lap and on my own feet before fixing my hair and dress to go and open the door for either Ryan or my newly found family while Nico went to the bathroom to probably take care of his hard on.

I slept for three hours after coming back before waking up to get ready for dinner. Nico's maid that I didn't know he had since he mostly made food for us himself, prepared the dinner for us.

I don't know how we ended up in this position with me straddling and grinding on him and his mouth on my neck and hands under my dress touching me everywhere.

I was wearing a satin dress in Nico's favourite colour red which ends on my thighs matching the red button-up shirt that Nico was wearing. The dress was low cut and showed a little bit of cleavage and my shoulders. Probably being the reason for our position before the doorbell rang.

Opening the door I am greeted with my big brother's face

"Hi baby sister" he said hugging me.
"Hi Ryan," I said hugging him back feeling safe in his arms "come in" I invited him inside

I looked back at him to see his face sporting a grimace and his gaze fixed on my neck causing my cheeks to heat up and I excused myself to hide the hickey my boyfriend left. After applying some make up, I went back outside to see Nico and Ryan in an argument

"What are you two fighting over?" I asked interrupting them
"I want you to come live with me instead" Ryan said making a frown appear on my face
"You can't protect her" Nico interrupted
"I can very well do. I protected her for nine years and I can do it now"

"Protecting her from pesky boys is different from protecting her from mafia men, especially the one that kidnapped her before," Nico said causing my eyes to widen before he realised what he said

"You didn't tell me that" I said in a shaky voice. The mention of the monsters from my past are enough to scare me even when I don't remember them.

"Don't worry about it love. We won't let them get to you again" Nico said rubbing my back trying to get me to calm down from the panic attack that is approaching. It's getting harder to breath and my vision is turning blurry "Breathe" He hugged me and I tried to match my breathing with his. Several minutes later my breathing is back to normal.

He kissed my damp cheeks catching my tears on his lips. "You are okay" he reassured me and I looked up to see five other faces except for Ryan in the room. I felt a bit embarrassed that they witnessed it.

"Astrea. I know you don't know us but I promise we won't let them take you again. We made the mistake once but we learned from it" Ares, my eldest brother said with a somber expression on his face that looks so much like mine.

"Oh, my baby" the woman who I know is my biological mother, said embracing me in a motherly hug. Her rose scent gave me a sense of tranquillity.
She pulls away smiling at me with tears running down her face. "I missed you so much" she said

"Princess. It's nice to see you again" my father hugged me followed by Apollo doing the same.
I don't know what to feel. I didn't remember them but it feels like I have known them forever and I feel like I am betraying those who adopted me by accepting them so quickly. I looked over at Ryan only to see his fists are clenched and I understand how he must be feeling. I felt guilt creeping up my spine especially since I didn't think about how he must feel before inviting him here.

"Astrea. This is my father, Vladimir" Nico said introducing me to the man standing quietly at the far end. He looked emotionlessly at me before nodding and extending his hand for a handshake
"Good evening Mr Dimitriev. It's a pleasure to meet you" I greeted him politely shaking his hand

"Call me Vladimir. You have always been like a daughter to me" he said smiling the same smile as Nico

"Who is this?" Ares asked looking at Ryan raising an eyebrow
"This is my brother Ryan." I introduced him but they just stared at each other and the tension is suffocating me right now.
"I am grateful to you and your parents for taking care of her for so many years," my mother said breaking through the tension and passed him a smile

"She is my sister. Of course I will take care of her" Ryan said in a clipped tone and I just held his hand to try to stop him from provoking them.
"Adoptive sister you mean" muttered Apollo quietly but everyone heard and Ryan is just about to punch him in the face but I got in between them before a fight started

"Apollo he may be my adoptive brother but he is just as much my brother as you both are. Actually, He is the only brother I remember for now" I said before Ryan could, realising how much of a low blow it is when hurt takes over his and ares face

"I didn't mean it like that. I am sorry" I said quickly
"It's alright," Ares said shaking his head
"How about we have dinner" Nico said trying to divert their attention and they agree.

We take our seats in the dining room and the maid served us before leaving. The tension still hanging in the room.

"I heard you are studying to be a lawyer," Ajax asked after a few seconds of silence and I nodded
"Yeah. That's what I always wanted to do" I said smiling
"I just wanted to say that I am proud of the women you became even though I may not have any hand in it" he said and I felt giddiness taking over me

And that's how our evening went with small talks, some snide comments here and there and the three of my brothers and my father siding together against Nico sometime when they noticed the hickey on Nico's neck which he didn't even bother to hide, his father only smirking at his son. I don't know what to make out of this dinner but it was nice except for the rocky start. I feel a lot closer to my family and Vladimir was also nice even though he may haven't talked much.

Ryan and my late parents will always have a special place in my heart but I may accept my new family eventually. what happened wasn't their fault and they shouldn't be punished for it.