chapter 21

Astrea's pov

When I opened the closet door, the first thing I noticed is how large it is, even larger than mine and it's saying something.

Not knowing where he kept his shirts, I opened a random drawer closing it quickly with red cheeks when I found his underwear instead.
I opened another drawer but it contains his expensive watches.

I opened one of the cupboard doors and smiled to myself when I saw his T-shirts. Picking up a black one I was about to close the door when a few papers along with some photographs fell out.

Picking it up, I looked at one of the photos. A surprised gasp left my lips when I saw that it was a boy and a girl. The boy is giving the girl a piggyback ride and both of them have goofy smiles on their face. The boy, a young and cuter version of Nico while the girl,

The girl looks like me.

My eyes burned as I looked at the others. All the other photos are similar. The boy and girl playing around, the boy braiding her hair, the girl painting his nails etc. Both of them smiling or laughing at everyone. They look happy.

With blurred eyes I picked the papers. My heart beat getting faster at the words 'marriage contract' written at the top of it.

For the betterment of our children and our mafia, we Ajax Andino, the leader of the greek mafia and Vladimir Dimitriev, leader of the Russian mafia agree to make an alliance joined by marriage.

The only son of Vladimir Dimitriev and heir of the Russian mafia, Nikolai dimitriev born 6 may 1999 shall marry Astrea Andino born 17 june 2001, the greek mafia princess when she turns 21.
Astrea Andino shall be named the queen of the Bratva.

This agreement can't be broken unless both parties agree or one of the two, Nikolai or Astrea died.

I saw two signs at the end of the page. All the other pages basically the clauses of the alliance and the marriage

You remind me of my daughter.
Astrea? it's me, Nikolai
I knew your brother
We wanted to see our daughter
You were in an accident.
Your name is Astrea and we are your family

The voices echos in my head. My head hurts and my heart is beating fast. I feel dizzy.

Astrea Andino born 17 June. Todays date
The gift, the cupcake everything makes sense.

Mafia. Nikolai is the bratva's hire.

Looking through the photos I realized something, Astrea Andino didn't look like me.
She is me.
I am Astrea Andino.
I am the greek mafia's princess.

Everyone lied to me. Ryan lied, my parents lied, my real family lied and even Nikolai lied.

Clutching the photos in my hands, a tear escaped my eye followed by a sob.
Everything I have known is a lie.
Even my name was a lie.

Thousands of questions are swarming in my mind and I am not sure if I want the answers right now.

The door slammed open and in walked Nikolai in just a towel but I am feeling too betrayed to swoon over his body right now.

His eyes meet mine. His shining with dread while mine probably shone with betrayal.

"Is it me?" Holding up a photo I asked the question that I know the answer to but just wanted the confirmation from his mouth.

His eyes told me the truth before he verbally did.
"Yes" Gathering my strength I got up ready to storm out of his house. The house he probably built from all his illegal money.

Gathering my bag and a sleeping Atlas I was ready to go when Nico grabbed my arm.
"Astrea I can explain." he said his voice cracking and his eyes pleading.

"There is nothing left to explain Nico" I said trying to control my tears failing miserably
"you lied. You didn't tell me you knew me. You didn't tell me about the contract. You didn't tell me that you were the Bratva's heir. I liked you so much but you betrayed me. "

"Astrea please just let me explain" he said in a voice so soft and emotional that I almost relented at his vulnerable state. Now knowing his power, it hurts me more to see him like this but he hurt me too and if we talk right now then I will probably hurt him even more.

"I just need some time Nico, please" I said pleadingly. I need to clear my mind and talk to Ryan right now. I need to think of my feelings for him and if I can sacrifice everything for a chance with him. I need to think over everything.

"I will give you time but please promise me you will let me explain before you make a decision" he asked

"I promise." I said nodding because it's only fair that he gets a chance to explain.

I let him drive me home because he wouldn't let me go alone at night.

As soon as I entered my home, I called the one living person that started the whole lie. That knew all along about it but didn't bother telling me. The person that betrayed me the most