chapter 12

Astrea's pov
Flashback

I peeked from under the blanket as Apollo and Ares filled up my bedroom with colourful balloons thinking I am still sleeping. They can be so silly sometimes.

Today is my ninth birthday and it seems like my brothers wanted to surprise me. But they are not very quiet. I don't want to ruin it so I am pretending to be asleep and will act surprised when they eventually wake me up.

I quickly closed my eyes as papa entered the room and sat beside me on the bed.

"How long are you gonna pretend to be asleep princess?" He whispered in my ear after lowering the blanket from my face.

I tried to hide my smile failing terribly. He always knows everything "Happy birthday princess" he said kissing my forehead lovingly.

"Wake up Rea" two voices yelled and I pretended to wake up gasping dramatically.
"Oh my god this is so beautiful" I said making both of them smile and puff their chests out proud of themselves.
"Happy birthday" They both said giving me a hug and kissing my cheeks.

"Happy birthday baby" my mom said entering my room with homemade cake in her hands .

"Thank you mama" I said after she hugged me too. I felt so loved at that moment and so thankful. God gave me the best family and the best friend in the world.

I miss Nico. I haven't seen him in five months. I can't wait to meet him in the party tonight.
I looked at the bracelet in my hand that he gave me and smiled at the thought of seeing him.

We spend the whole day in a amusement park that papa rented out for us. He is mostly busy but he always takes a leave during my birthday and showers me with his attention.

It is now time to get ready for the party and mama dressed me up in a beautiful grey gown. The tiara that papa gifted me rests on top of my head and mama let me borrow some of her jewelry.

I feel pretty like a princess

Will nico think I am pretty?

...

Nico didn't came. He promised he would meet me on my birthday but he broke it.

I waited for him. I waited as I cut the cake wanting to feed him the first bite. I waited to open his present first and I waited for him to wish me but he didn't came. I wanted to dance with him but he didn't came.
I even asked Ronan where he is but he didn't knew.

I am crying sitting against the window because I miss him so much and  I am so angry at him. He forgot my birthday.

A knock came through the door. Expecting it to be one of my brothers I opened the door only for a smile to appear on my face seeing nico with a gift in one hand and a basket in another. I lunged at him and hugged him tightly forgetting my anger for a moment but I hit the back of his head when I remembered that he is late.

"Ow!! What was that for?" He asked pouting
"You are late mister?" I said poking his cheek
"I am sorry angel but the stupid trainer won't let me go till I completed the lesson"  he grumbled guiltily before taking my hand in his and leading me towards the garden.

My eyes widen when I saw the area decorated with fairylights and flowers. A blanket spread out in the middle of the garden. It looked so beautiful.

"Do you like it?" He asked looking nervous
"I love it" I said smiling brightly.

After we are seated in the blanket he reached out towards the basket and took out a blueberry cupcake and lit a candle on it.

"We can celebrate your birthday again. Ask for a wish" he said
Never take my nico from me I wished before blowing out the candle

He handed a knife to me and I cut the cupcake feeding the first bite to nico.

"Happy birthday love" he kissed my forehead handing me the gift.

I opened and gasped. It is a beautiful gold pendant in the shape of a real heart.
"I wanted to give it to you because you have my heart angel" he said pecking my lips lightly making me blush

"You look really pretty like a princess" he said making my cheeks heat up more and he kissed my cheeks lovingly"And you look really handsome like a prince" I said

"And you look really handsome like a prince" I said

I hugged him tightly. We stayed like that for a few more minutes before mama called us inside and I slept that night with a smile on my face.

__________________

* all of the flashbacks from Astrea's pov are her dreams but they are hazy and she doesn't remember much when she wakes up

Thank you for reading💖
Vote and comment

_________________