bonus 1 (the proposal)

Nikolai's pov

"Stop here" I ordered the driver as I picked up the bouquets and get out of the car.

I made my way to the cemetery in front of me and stopped at the two graves that are placed side by side

Alexander Addison
Louisa Addison

Placing the bouquets above their graves, I said
"Good evening Mr and Mrs Addison. I hope you remember me from when I came here with your daughter."

I sighed realising how ridiculous I might look talking to dead people but it's only right that I do this.
"She is happy. I wish you both were here to see the woman she had become. You would be so proud. I know I am" I said

"I am not asking for permission but I am telling you that I am gonna treat her like a queen. She won't have a tear in her eye except for that of happiness. I am gonna ask her to marry me. she will be okay, you both don't have to worry anymore. I am here today because You are as much as her parents as Ajax and Maia are and you deserve to be part of her happiness. Please keep watching over her" with that I took my leave with the feeling of heaviness in my heart and the weight of the ring in my pocket

....

Astrea's pov

Three years ago on the exact same date, my life changed when I bumped into him. It had been a beautiful three years since filled. We had our ups and down but I wouldn't change it for the world. And right now to celebrate the day, we are standing in front of the place where it all started for the second time.

Cafe: a cup of joy

Standing in front of the cafe with Nico's arm wrapped around my waist, a wave of nostalgia hit me like it does every time I entered this place.

"Come on" he said opening the door and the familiar scent of coffee and chocolate hit me. The lights are dimmed except for a few candles and the place is empty of any life excluding the staff and I don't have to ask you now that it is his doing.

"Romantic" I teased him
"Only for you" he said and a smile appeared on my face

He lead me to a table which is decorated with roses and candles. He pulled the chair for me before taking his own seat.

A few seconds later, The familiar waitress, Maria came to take our order and I passed her a small smile
"The usual for you" she asked me and I nodded.
Maria is an older woman in her late 40s and I had known her since I started coming here.
"He will have a black coffee along with an apple pie" I ordered for him as I rolled my eyes at his typical coffee choice

"Be back in five minutes" she said before rushing to the kitchen.
Five minutes later, I am sitting with an iced coffee, a blueberry cupcake and a fortune cookie in front of me.

The cookie from three years ago came to my mind as I remembered the chit still kept safe in my drawer and I beamed at the thought.
(I just added the scene in chapter 1, check it out)

Like always, I picked up the cookie first and opened the little piece of paper excitedly. Call it childish but the excitement never ceases.

'You will be asked a life-changing question.
Just say yes' it stated and confusion clouded my mind.

Say yes to what?
My eyes widen when the realisation struck me and I looked up to find Nico on his knee in front of me with a ring box in his hand and tears prickeled my eyes.

"Astrea, I am not good with my feelings but I hope you know that I love you more than anything. I will kill for you or be killed if it means you are happy. You are my whole life baby and without you I am lost. I can't wait anymore. Please be mine. Marry me?" He asked nervously, his eyes shone with love as I am sure mine did too

I want to say yes but emotions clogged my throat so instead, I grabbed thecollarr of his shirt making him stand up before I crashed my lips to his in an intimate kiss. I can hear claps and cheers in the background but it's just him and I in the world for now. We kissed with so much passion and intensity that everything else blurred. I pulled away When I could not breathe anymore.

"It was a yes I hope?" he asked with a stupid grin on his face
"Of course" I nodded with tears falling from my eyes as he slipped the ring on my finger.

The ring is a vintage ring. A rose gold band with little diamonds adorning it and a oval shaped sapphire is in the middle. It's beautiful and it must have cost him a fortune but I didn't complain knowing he wouldn't listen.

I wrapped my arms around his strong figure and kept my head on his chest as he kissed my head pulling away reluctantly after a few minutes

I wrapped my arms around his strong figure and kept my head on his chest as he kissed my head pulling away reluctantly after a few minutes. He picked up the blueberry cupcake and bring it in front of my mouth and I took a bite.

"Happy engagement fiancé" he said
"Fiancé. I like it" I replied with a grin on my face
"I would like to call you wife more but fiancé is okay for now" he nodded