Shit is about to go down

Kat stormed into the 21st and up the steps. Trudy saw her quick pace and rushed to get the gate open for her. Kat thanked Trudy and then walked up the steps.

*Jay's Pov*

We were doing some research on a few people when we heard the gate open and Kat walked up. I went to smile at her but she looked angry or more like pissed.

She swung her bag off her shoulder and walked up to Antonio, tipping the bag upside down. Bella just stood at the breakroom door watching it all go down.

"Did you enjoy telling my maths teacher to move me to the front? 'Cause I sure as hell didn't!" Shouted Kat as loads of paper balls fell out of her bag and onto Antonio's desk.

"You did what?" Asked Bella.

"I was just trying to make you feel comfortable."

"Comfortable? I didn't ask you to get involved."

"What is this about?" I asked.

"Why don't you tell them Antonio?"

"I...I spoke to their maths teacher and asked if Kat could be moved to the front."

"Hey! You had no right." I said and stepped out from my desk area.

I walked over to the middle of the room and picked up one of the balls that had wondered off from the others. I felt disgusted after reading what was written. I picked up a few more and it felt like my stomach was doing flips.

"Your daughter is out of control!" Shouted Antonio.

"No, she isn't. You caused this."

"Oh yeah? I'm the one that made them fall out?"

"No but you caused all this hate. Look at how many there are. Read one."

"I don't want too."

"If my sister has read all of them, you can too."

"Sister?"

"Yeah. Kat doesn't want to call me dad and I am fine by that but Bella gave her hate for it."

"She wouldn't do that."

"Yeah, she would because Kat came home crying in the middle of the day after they had an argument."

"You kid, is clearly lying. I don't know why but-"

I launched at Antonio, grabbing him by his shirt. Antonio went to throw a few punches at my face but Kevin grabbed him and pulled him back as Adam grabbed me.

"Enough!" Shouted Hank.

I watched as Bella stood there shaking. Kat ran over to her, despite everything Bella has done. She grabbed Bella and shut the door of the breakroom before covering her ears.

"Don't shout." Said Antonio and I.

"I'm sorry. Listen, I'm going to talk to the girls and work out what is going on. Antonio, you do not go to a teacher behind Jay's back, let alone anyones. Jay, you do not attack Antonio and start an argument at work. You want to let off steam, put on boxing gloves and go to the gym. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sarge." We both said.

"Everyone get on with work, I need to talk to the girls."

Kat and Bella walked into Hank's office and took a seat opposite him.

*Hank's Pov*

I shut the door behind me after the girls had taken a seat. Kat was slouched in her seat with an annoyed face and Bella was looking anywhere but at me or Kat.

"So, what is going on?"

"I don't know. Bella, why don't you tell me?" Asked Kat.

"Nothing is going on."

"Cut the shit, Bella. You are against me, you've sided with the jocks."

"It doesn't matter." Said Bella and she stood up to leave.

Bella went to swing the door open when Kat stood up and said something that made her stop in her tracks.

"What pictures?"

"I'm sorry?"

"What pictures?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I know about the goddamn pictures!"

"If you have to ask about them, then you don't know."

"Maybe I don't. But I know there is pictures. I know you are hurting and I'm hurting too. You want to say something to me, it's on the edge of your tongue but you won't say it. You stuck up for me today and I saw what Alan did. He grabbed your wrist a-and...and then he tightened the grip-"

"I'm trying to protect you!"

"What?"

"They know, okay? About everything. Sapphire somehow took a picture of your ribs, she has pictures of when you were in the street. When you punched your dad. She has pictures of me. A-and I was threatened that if I didn't hurt you. I-if I didn't leave you then, they would release them. They would wreck everything."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I had to make it believable. But trust me, I wanted to tell you. Everything that was said after the library was all fake. You're not a freak. And I am so sorry." Said Bella.

"Everything after the library?"

"Yes."

"Wow. You still feel that way towards me."

"Yeah I do."

"Everything said about NYU, you don't take it back?"

"No, I do not. You still want to stay here after everything that has happened."

"I don't know! I told you this! I haven't made a decision and it is hard enough as it is that I don't need you on my back about it!"

"Chicago has chewed us up and spat us back out! Why would you want to stay!?"

"Because I have a family. I finally feel loved. I have realised that if I want to get rid of pain, I can cry about it instead of painting my skin."

"Painting your skin?" I asked.

"Self Harm."

"Oh, ok." I said.

I know she had mentioned it before but I didn't think she would say it out loud again after how difficult it was for her to get it out last time.

"I'm sorry, Kat. If I could take it all back I would. I didn't realise how much you felt like you needed family. I wanted to get away from Chicago because I am scared to get close to people in case they just leave me again."

"I will never leave you, Bella. Even if I'm not in New York with you, I'm still with you. I won't just forget about you and leave."

"I'm sorry, Kat."

"It's okay. I'm sorry too."

They hugged it out and then left my office. I had a big smile on my face as they walked down the steps laughing. All they needed to do was talk to each other and understand how the other felt. I was also smiling because I had a plan.

I explained to the unit what Bella had said about the pictures and we were planning to do something about it. Those photos can not get released.