EPILOGUE

Antonio's pov•

Years have passed and now I'm completely happy. I am with my lovely wife, Katrina. And our 3 years old playful twins Charles and Camille, they're the cutest thing that happened to us. Never have I imagined that I would live a life like this.

A normal and peaceful life, now it really does make sense when Aurora said that she wants to have a normal life, ever since I met Camilla Black my life has changed, though it's really not that bad compared to my life before that.

In the world of the mafia, everything is awful and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Now my life is far from it, I live in a house with my wife and children. There's no security that needs to watch us, all day long.

Five years ago, I turned over my role to Tyrone which he happily accepted, despite having my other friends that might be the one to replace me, they all decided to live a normal life which is the best decision we ever had.

I just can't imagine the transition we all have gone through, it's all worth it. Aurora's hard work has paid off. I just missed that woman so much.

"I miss you, Rory." I spoke silently, sighing as I stood up and walked.

"I miss her so much. I wish I could see her now." Katrina pouts, holding her bump. We're now having our third baby. Maybe if she's here, she will enjoy playing with her niece and nephew. One thing about her is that she loves kids so much.

"Don't worry love- I was cut off as a couple appears.

"Well, seems like it's your lucky day!" Aurora shouts, making us all shock. God, this woman never change.

"Aurora!!" Katrina screams, hugging Aurora tightly. After awhile they both broke the hug then Aurora come towards me.

"I miss you." She said then hugs me.

"Well, how come you guys didn't tell us, you will come?" I asks. Today is our yearly reunion? Family reunion, I think. At exact July 6th we will come to see each other and catch up. Since everyone live far from each other we decided to have our reunion in our house, here in Canada.

"Because it's a surprise?" She replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes up she then chuckle.

"Let's go inside, they're waiting for you both." Katrina spoke, leading us inside our house. There, they all are talking and having fun. Kids are running around, it's very chaotic.

Their eyes lighten seeing Aurora and Michael. They've been married for almost five years, something that they both were unfortunate is that they couldn't have a baby since Aurora is infertile, it's sad but they both learned to accept it anyway.

Matteo and Kylie are having their first child. While Fred and Pauline is having their second one. Richie, Clark, and James are happily single for now while on the other hand, Anderson and Khalil have their own girlfriends.

Those people who used to live a horrible life, now are genuinely happy with their life. Leaving that lifestyle must be hard and took us years but at least we made a pretty great choice, and I do know that Camilla is proud of us and mostly Aurora.

As time passes by I never felt that something have changed, but as I look back and recall the things happened it's way different. Her story will be kept and so are the memories that I will cherish every single day of my life.

Even if we didn't end up being with each other's hands, I am still thankful for the short period of time that she made me loved. Or maybe the ten years I hid, in the abyss and the fear of rejection.

Thanking her for giving me the strength to face my fears. But something that she will never know and need to know is that I am really Alberto Cortez's son. I am the son of the person who made her life miserable. I didn't tell her anymore because I don't wanna hurt her. I didn't betray her, I just did something that I know is right.

And now, I'm still gonna hide like I always do. Our lives must be a hide and seek. I hope soon, she will forgive me.

08-28-22

💗💗💗