CHAPTER 12

It's been a month since I am staying at this house with Fred. Though I am not complaining, we've become more close as the day passes. He goes to work every day because he has a job as a waiter in a restaurant. Though I got enough money here on myself of course, I don't wanna be a burden on him. I am getting annoyed by him about asking me stuff like where's my family, where do I get those a tons of money and hundreds more.

I still keep my eye on them of course, and as I saw it Antonio is doing great at the Empire. Leo King is finally dead by now and Freddie King as also, he died because of cardiac arrest when he found out of the news. The King Empire is now no longer running, it surrendered to the Black Empire which is pretty surprising.

And now I decided to apply for a work, a job you heard it right. I don't even know why the fuck it pops out to my mind but I guess it will make me a normal person as I wanted to be. But still, I haven't got my revenge. Revenge for my parents, my biological parents. I hired Ronaldo Gutierrez to find who killed my parents, he hasn't got it yet and I am stupid for hiring him. And the fact that I can do it myself for just a month is unbelievable. The person who killed my parents is a gang, a fucking gang. The gang is no longer existing anymore but the person who killed my parents are still alive, and now, I'll be back as Aurora McKay and not Ivy Black anymore...and that would make them fear me more.

Getting out of my room I'm  going to the living room where Fred is, casually sitting going towards him as I sat beside him. "Hey!" He greeted me and grinned giving him a warm smile as well.

"Uhhmm, I am going to apply for a job later at twelve." I said then he furrows his brows.

"Why? I mean I am already working and you have the money that I don't know how to earn even though I work for my entire life. You don't need to." He said making me chuckle.

"I want to work Fred, please." I pleaded as he casually nods getting excited making me wrap my arms around his neck.

"Can't breathe Rory." He said then I loosen my hold.

Rory is a nickname he calls me and I think it's cute. I remember my grandfather calling me that nickname.

"Thanks Fred." I said. I don't know why but when I started living here I really felt in peace. I don't get angry anymore, I am so happy playing around the dandelions outside the house, I get so happy when I play with Fred and some animals here. But still I feel unhappy, I felt some part of me incomplete. And I know it's because I don't have them anymore, but I know I don't have a chance to change it anymore. If I go there and pop up like nothing happens I knew that they'll hate me for what I did.

After some chatting around we ate still talking. This house hasn't have any entertainment rather than books. Luckily I love reading, I don't even know why the heck he has a lot of books but I ain't complaining. I always felt happy when I read. It's already ten in the morning so I needed to get dressed to have time to get in the interview. I applied for a job at a local cafe in the city.

Of course I have a new identity since I wouldn't want to risk the chance of them knowing that I am still alive. I am Aurora Dallarosa, 24 years old, freshly graduated from college and some other lies. Getting my papers as I get up from my bed already dressed up and then I put some light make up. I bought some clothes a few weeks ago and a motorbike for the both of us, a red one for him and a black one for me.

He was shocked and happy when I bought it for him, I guess it's a thank you to him for saving me and let me live here. I wore a blue dress with a flowers printed on it seeing Fred cleaning the table. "Woah you look beautiful Rory." He complements making my cheeks flush rosey.

"Thank you, I'll go now. Byeee Fred." I said getting my keys then  he nods.

"Goodluck Rory." He shouted. I hop on my bike then  I put on my black helmet as I start the engine then drove off.

After almost half an hour since it's a long ass drive. Getting out of my bike parking it beside the road getting the keys shoving it inside my pockets. Holding my papers while I enter the cafe making the door chimes, an old lady greeted me. The interior of this cafe makes my eyes grow bigger, it's indeed beautiful. Have a wooden furnitures and some bookshelves as well.

"Hi, what can i help you?" The lady asked.

"Goodmorning Ma'am, I am here for the interview." I said as she nods her head gesturing me to follow her and I do so. We sat at a table near a window.

"Uhhmm, so you're Aurora Dallarosa. And you are a freshly graduate means you don't have any experience?" Lola asks, her name was Lola which is really a cute one.

"Yes I am a freshly graduate Ma'am Lola, but I became a working student when I am in college. I used to work as a waitress." I lied, I am capable of doing such things or either I am good at learning.

"Call me Lola, you're now hired Aurora." She said smiling as squeals of excitement.

"Thank you Lola, my  nickname is Rory." I said as I come and hug her then she hugs me back.

"No need to thank me Rory, so you'll start today as a waitress since we already have barista which will come here later. The kitchen is there, there's a place there where you can put your stuffs." She instructed and ti nodded then she left.

I went to the kitchen then I saw a shelf where there was a compartment, seeing it's for the employees, I put there my necessities like phone and some other stuffs. Deciding to clean first since the other employees will come later on. After almost half an hour of cleaning I am already satisfied taking a seat waiting for them to come. The door chimes indicating that there's someone entering. I saw a tall blonde girl and a dark haired girl as also.

"Uhhmm, who are you? Where's Lola?" They both asked walking towards me.

"I am Aurora but you can call me Rory. I am the new waitress here." I said as they all squealed out of nowhere.

"Omyyy!!! We have a new friend here!" The blonde girl said coming towards me then they both engulf me in a hug.

"Can't breath." I said making them both loosen their grips.

"Hi Rory I am Kylie." The girl with the dark hair said.

"And I am Pauline." The blonde girl said.

"Nice to meet you Kylie and Pauline." I said giving them a warm smile. We chat for a minute then decided to open the cafe. Turning the sign into 'open' as we all wait for people to come. We work, there are many people keeping us busy. Many of them are workers from the company near here and some random people and students as also. After a long and painful hours we ate for lunch then get back to work after all.

It's already eight at night so it's time to close. We clean the cafe before going out. "So Rory, where do you live?" Ask Kylie while we all walk to the pavement until we reach my bike.

"It's far away here, I live at the...forest." I said honestly as they both laughed, staring at them curiously then they both stopped.

"For real?" Pauline asked and I simply nod my head.

"Woahhh, that's so cool. Can we go with you?" Ask kylie. I don't know how to answer.

"Uhhmm, I ride a motorbike so I don't know how we can go there. And it's a long drive. Maybe next time, is it alright?" I asked hoping they would understand.

But their reactions was priceless, their jaws drop when they saw my motorbike. "You know Rory you're the most coolest person in the world. You live in the forest and then you ride a motorbike. It's so cool." Said Kylie.

"And don't worry, maybe next time we'll go there. We understand, now we have to go. Goodnight Rory!" Said Pauline waiving their hands then I drove off.

What an exhausting and fun day I have...

April 21, 2021

What a plotwist you were.
-unknown

Thanks lovely;)