CHAPTER 23

"Lola?" I said. Frozen on my spot.

I'm too stunned to even move my body. I don't know what to do, she's such a precious person. This man is really testing me. I don't fucking care about them knowing who am I, I just need her to be out of this or else she will die.

"Go ahead Aurora, take anything from that hanging shelf. A gun, knife, your choice." He said smirking. Fuck this man.

Lola looks at me, her eyes pleading. I can't do this shit.

"Go on Aurora, I don't like waiting." He spoke, tapping his foot to the ground getting bore. I walked towards the wall and get a gun.
Holding it up to Lola.

"Good, now you just need to pull the trigger then everything is done." He said smiling. Then suddenly Matteo enter the room then walk straight to Antonio.

"Woah, what's happening?" He asked, looking so confused.

I hold the gun up then direct it to Antonio's head. Matteo gasped while he just casually look at me dead in the eye.

I didn't even notice that a single tear slipped through my eyes. "You're a fucking devil! Why would you even think of killing someone who is innocent!?" I shouted, still holding the gun to him and slowly approach him.

"Aurora put that gun down." Matteo spoke.

"Go ahead!! Kill me." He said, standing up and go closer to me.

"You see Antonio, doing this things would make everything better? You should've killed me the first time you land your eyes on me. But fuck no! Your pathetic self thought it will be great to kidnap me, and my friends then make us work for you?! And now bringing an innocent lady here for me to kill so that I could prove myself to a man like you?" I said then laugh hysterical.

"Now you wanna know the fucking truth? Making me work with that goddamn Alberto Cortez since he's the man who killed Ivy's parents? Do you even think that if I am the true Ivy I'll be happy about what you're doing right now? Because no, no one would love someone like you! That's probably why she left and chose to die. Because she doesn't want to live with someone like you! You fucking moron!" I said as I let the tears pour down my eyes. I feel so angry, I don't know what to do. So I did what I just needed to, runaway.

I ran as fast as I could, running through the busy streets of New York. I passed a couple blocks until I couldn't see the bar where I came from. I look like a mess and now all I can do is hide from them. I sat behind the store where no one could see me. Throwing away the gun and letting myself throw all the emotions I have, by crying.

I didn't notice anything until I passed out laying on the cold floor.

After a couple hours that I slept, I felt that someone is picking me up. I opened my eyes seeing it's Matteo, I quickly jump out of his arms making him flustered. "What the fuck?" I shouted. I should have just runaway somewhere else.

"I've been finding you for hours, let's go home. Antonio is mad as fuck, so we better get going." He spoke, motioning me to enter the car and I am hesitant but still follow. We sat inside the car as I stare at the busy streets of New York.

"You really have the guts to point a gun to Antonio's head huh, well I guess I should fear you more." He said sarcastically, making me smile for a split second.

"Is he that dumb? Letting me kill an innocent lady. I swear to god I'll find a way to get out of this life with my friends. Do you mind helping me about that Matteo?" I asks, I know he won't be able to do so but I'll give it a try.

"Sadly, I can't. Look, Antonio gets what he wanted. He's not really the monster you think he is, it's just because of Ivy's lost. He always blames his self for what happened, he distanced himself from us, gets much colder, and is very arrogant. But it's completely reasonable, he loves Ivy more than a friend, he kept his love from her because of an obvious matter. And now losing her, do you think he would be the best guy that he was before? Just understand him, he won't be doing this just because he's bored or whatsoever. He's doing this because he love Ivy, and the only way of him showing love towards someone is violence. We can't change that." He stated, making me turn to look at him. Well everything makes sense, somehow I can tell the truth that Ivy loved him, but the fact of being best friends, it's a rule. Never fall in love with a friend.

~~~

Antonio•pov

"Go and follow her." I ordered to Matteo before leaving the room he stopped me.

"Look what you've done Antonio, she's completely right. You're being too impulsive with your choices. Do you even think that this is what Ivy wanted?" He said raising his voice. I know what Ivy wanted, I've known her for long enough. But about what she clearly wanted to do about her parents death, I'm very clueless about it.

"Just go fucking find that girl, don't you dare question my doing because you have no right to." I stated as the anger rises, instead of fighting with him I just left and go somewhere that would clear my mind.

Leaving the car as I walk towards her grave slowly. There laying Camilla's grave, she treated me like her own son. I'm a stray kid, I have nowhere to sleep back then since my asshole father abandoned me and left with his new family. Not until I met Ivy with Camilla, I remembered how Ivy beg Camilla to adopt me. Camilla can't say no to Ivy so I live with them. In return of Camilla adopting me and giving me food and a roof above my head, I worked for her. I trained how to be strong in a very young age, until I turned 18 where I get to go with the missions. Mostly assassination and doing small transactions.

Until now I'm very thankful that I met Camilla and also Ivy. I would have been dead by now if they didn't saw me. "I hope you're proud of me Camilla, I'm sorry if I didn't save Ivy that time. Now I hope I'm making the right choice, that everything Ivy worked for would be worth it." I whisper, looking through the sky.

"I wish everything I'm thinking is true, that Aurora is really her, that she's just lying all the time. I would definitely be mad about it but the thing that would matter is knowing she's alive. But seeing how she acts, how she gets to talk with Cortez without getting scared or mad. She looks sad seeing that old lady, which surely have no single effects with Ivy. Everything just confused me, but I'm just going to continue my plans to surely find the truth. I will let Aurora work with Alberto and make her kill him, or if she can't, I'll do it for her." I thought, it took me a couple minutes before bidding my goodbye.

Until the next time Camilla, I miss you so much.

05-16-22

"I'm scared of losing you, but then again, you're not even mine."

-smn.

THANKS FOR READING LOVELY🌷🌷🌷