Chapter 13

"W-wh-where are we?"

She shifts off of me so I can get up, once I'm on my feet I feel a strong urge to run away like a coward. But I'm a gentleman and my mom taught me accordingly, to never leave a girl astray, so I'll put her on my back and run away with her.

The little hairs on my neck stand on end as I observe each detail of this...this...

Holy crap!

"You...zapped us to a graveyard?!" I scream.

I walk in circles, on the same muddy spot. Circling and circling with my lower lip quivering as the change of landscape haunts me to the core.

Withered flowers are on every grave in every row, trees are strong and tall but no leaves grow on any branch. Barks are peeling off, the sky is black and grey, owls and bats are flying around.
We are indeed in a graveyard, I can confirm.

Passion looks up at me with a smirk.
"You demanded I show you the truth. This is the truth and I didn't zap us here I-"

"You teleported us here?" I interject.
I push my shaky hand through my hair.

"I feel like my body has left my soul for approximately 1 minute," I say with all sarcasm I can muster. My exasperated dramatic sentence is confirmed accurate when a bat flies to my direction. I thought it was going to fly above me so I ducked but I screamed when it flew passed me. Through my stomach like I was one with the wind.
I gawk and glance to Passion.
Her eyes bore into mine with pity but her lips form a smile.

"That's exactly what happened, Jules. Our souls are divided from our bodies for only 30 minutes. We kissed for one minute and wasted another just now."

I gape and choke on my surprise.
"Wh-wh-what did you just...say?"

She giggles and touches the grave we fell on.
Her hand slightly fades as it goes through the paving and the words;
"In The Memory Of..."  like wind or water.
I'm too frantic to define the difference.

When she retrieves it to her bust, it's brown colour is restored and I scream again.
How is this possible?

Wait...
Where did we fall from?
Did we fall from the sky??!!

She laughs and approaches me with no worry or care. This girl is used to it. Used to this. I have no doubt my eyes are as large as saucers and my pupils have dilated.

"Let me see your watch," she demands.
When I don't answer, due to my temporal paralysis, she pulls my shaky, pale hand, pushes my sleeve up and stares at my watch. How did our souls leave our body? Is this part of imagining the unimaginable blah, blah, bullshit?
I might hyperventilate again...

"28 minutes remaining," she says sternly. Her face suddenly lights up. Huh?!

"Let's embark on our short notice detour."
Passion isn't scared, she isn't shaking.
She isn't panting and she most definitely is not horrified!

"I hate the confidence in your voice," I shiver. My skin grows goosebumps.

"Why?" She asks with a grin.

"Because you're scaring the shit out of me right now."

Passion bursts into bellowing laughter and if it were not due to the circumstances it would appeal to be a beautiful sound in the night sky. I glare at her and she laughs harder, louder and louder.

"How is this your way of telling me the truth?" I ask.

"This is the truth, Jules. This ghost town is the truth," she answers. Recovering from her laughter.