Chapter 7

Breaking dawn cut my dreams short and when I climbed out of bed, my first intention was to check if my phone was dead. Dead by my abusive tossing and heartless thinking or not caring at all, I was rather jungled to witness its flawless screen and dented corners. The screen protector my dad worshipped protected its inner barriers very well, I was rather bewildered.
I swear I heard something crack after the throw. Half of me wished it completely broke while the other half is relieved there weren't damages at all.

I picked it from the spaghetti carpet with the hand I burnt yesterday and double tapped the screen on.

I waited but nothing.

I repeated the action staring at my phone with my expression blank but still there was nothing. After concluding the phone's battery died, I charged it on my desk with my charger and didn't bother to check on my laptop if my dad invaded my mails yet. If he really wants to push me far, far away he will invade my mails with no feeling of hesitance.

I've been pushed away from home enough, sent away even. Sent away to give chances to different people to do as they wish.
Like Jeremih and Sarah.

If I see them when I return home for the holidays I will revolt on their faces and wipe it off with their clothes. That would make me the happiest boy on earth.

Although that won't happen because I doubt if I'll ever go back to Los Angeles again.

I glance to the window.

I don't believe what I'm seeing.

Is that really sunrise? The sun's scarce rays in England? Wow. Boy am I stunned.
It's the beginning of my first year in London and my only hope is on the sun to make me comfortable. Happy? Not so sure.
Today is going to be better, I don't know why I think so but I can feel it. It has to be better than yesterday- must be better than yesterday. It's a Tuesday and when it's a Tuesday it means;
It's the second day of the week to "Tues" wrong or right. See what I did there. Lol.
Dad's "dad jokes" are contagious.

Drae isn't in his bed, he had enough time to wake up and make his bed because it appeals like nobody slept in it. It's perfectly made. That reminds me of what he was doing and looking for in the bathroom last night of which I'm clueless.

He's always the first one to get out of bed and doesn't bother to wake me up.
I stretch my tired muscles and undress for my warm shower, that's if he didn't finish the hot water and didn't leave any of his genital hairs gleaming around. I'm mentally keeping my fingers crossed. I walk to the bathroom door with nothing but a white towel around my waist and my gold ear piercings I never remove.

Mom bought me them for my 17th
birthday so I never remove them.

I reach for the door and twist the door knob before feeling my spirit leave my body for exactly two seconds.

"Ah!" Drae and I chorus. I thought he left early to school, it is too early to be at school though.

"Jesus!" I exclaim and I flinch my head to the side when I see he is totally naked standing in the bathroom. My heart is thudding beneath my palm.

"What?" He retorts.

"You're naked!" I shout frustrated and suddenly sick. My instincts tell me he is shocked I'm glancing away from his naked body and face because he scoffs in disbelief.

"Practice knocking," he advises, sounding amused. "...it will prevent your eyes from popping out of your head after seeing the same sex naked." He shakes his head.

"I will," I hesitantly say trying to get rid of the brown popsicle stick flashing through my mind. Shoo already.

"Move," he orders. I shift to the far right so he passes through. Steam follows.