Chapter 8

Oh boy.

I have a bad feeling about this. He obviously would dare to send me an email if I ignored his texts and calls. He's a daredevil.
Ignoring him is impossible even if I'm a country away. I settle on a chair, belonging to the dresser on my side of the room and open the email he sent me first.

It was sent this morning at 06:00 on the dot.
Gee. Talk about cyber stalking.

From: David Hawk@gmail.com
To: Jules Hawk
Subject: Answer My Calls

Hi son, how are you?
How was your first week of Bridge Villeneuve High School in one of the best schools in England? I know it's only your second day but it is almost a week so I'm not mistaken for asking so soon. I know you'll do good and hope settling in and making new friends won't be so much of a problem.

Please answer my calls and reply to my texts, I don't like the way we departed at school. We need to talk about everything.
About your brothers.
About your future.

P.S: Answer My Calls.

I roll my eyes at the sentence; "about your future", my future isn't in England if that's what he's insinuating. And what has my brothers got anything to do about this?
I don't have energy to talk about Jeremih or Jade. They living they're best lives in L.A whilst I get to eat soggy spaghetti and moist eggs in a foreign boarding school.
I sigh and click on the second email that clocked in 5 minutes ago.

From: David Hawk@gmail.com
To: Jules Hawk
Subject: You're Ignoring Me

(Of course I am)
Jules, school is out and you didn't get back to me. Your phone is off since Jade called last night and my texts still haven't been replied.
Are you ignoring me? 
If you won't answer my calls nor call me back, I'll just have to say what I wanted us to talk about here in your email.

I have applied for you to study medicine and sciences at the University of California Berkeley and once you've excelled in it like I know you will, you will get a free internship at one of the best hospitals in L.A as a physiotherapist. Your internship will be ready when you are, I have numerous connections with numerous business partners and one of my good friends was more than happy to offer. Can you believe it!
This isn't about you but your education.
Your future and your brothers have nothing to do with this. Jade will take on his soccer scholarship and Jeremih his basketball scholarship. If medicine was your passion you would be as excited as I am for you. You will learn to love it, it's better than being a struggling author.

Call me on Friday after school and update me on your school week.
Find it in your heart to forgive me for sending you away to England, I did it for the better.

What the fuck?! Maybe I read wrong and my eyeballs are deceiving me. I stare blankly at my screen reading this insane email over and over again. Huh?
Tears are forming at the back of my black eyes, I blink them away, squash my knuckles and type a quick, short email for this walking devil.

From: Jules Hawk
To: David Hawk@gmail.com
Subject: How Could You?

Dad. What? No! No, no, no, no, no! Out of all the bad things you've done to me you've added this one, concluding that everything else was not enough.

I am away from my mother's grave, away from your deceased wife who you had no chance to mourn for because you were too busy traveling for work, according to you.
This is definitely about me. Everything is about me, my future is about me and is my choice to make, not yours. You're living yours so stay the hell away from mine.
I'm not going to whatever hospital you say I'm going to after blah blah College in L.A.